Gransnet forums

AIBU

Scotish midwifery to ban The word “Mother”

(108 Posts)
Baggs Thu 28-Oct-21 10:47:27

Those of us who are mothers will remain mothers whether midwives are allowed to use the word or not. Are they allowed to use the word 'mum'?

Aveline Thu 28-Oct-21 10:42:48

The previous thread on this had many many articulate Grans furious about the deletion of the word mother to placate a tiny number of transwomen. It was kept going by a couple of Grans arguing the other way. No compromise on either side and it descended into the usual acrimony. It was deleted.

AGAA4 Thu 28-Oct-21 10:42:02

Niobe

Mother’s Day in Scotland should be interesting in 2022! ?

Maybe 'people who have given birth' day so nobody is offended ?

Allsorts Thu 28-Oct-21 10:35:01

What a load of rhubarb. I hope no one takes any notice, who came up with this crackpots idea? He/she should be mentally assessed.

Niobe Thu 28-Oct-21 10:33:03

Mother’s Day in Scotland should be interesting in 2022! ?

MayBeMaw Thu 28-Oct-21 05:11:56

There was indeed a thread - I think it was eventually deleted.

Ali08 Thu 28-Oct-21 04:28:46

There's another post on this, I think it was posted last week.
They'll never get everyone to stop using the word, so I don't know why they're bothering to try. It's just ridiculous!

Poppyjo Wed 27-Oct-21 23:40:14

I am sad to see the Scottish intend to ban the word “Mother” from maternity units, leaflets etc.,

Who on earth comes up with these ideas? I would think most of us are proud to be mothers and the word always makes one feel safe and secure and loved. I always as a child knew when my mother was around she would make everything alright. I know not every child is so lucky as I was, But please don’t ban the word “Mother”. What do other Grans think?