Gransnet forums

AIBU

Christmas Trees

(128 Posts)
Marmight Thu 28-Oct-21 09:17:39

?. I visited my local Dobbies Garden Centre on Tuesday for plants. I could hardly locate them between the rows of hundreds & hundreds of newly cut Christmas trees. Who buys a Christmas tree in October? A friend suggested, tongue in cheek, that they were being off loaded before Christmas is cancelled by Boris

Ali08 Sat 06-Nov-21 11:48:21

lovebeigecardigans1955

I wish I'd thought about the Christmas tree in October when we moved house one year, Marmight. When the time came to get the tree out we couldn't find it anywhere. As we'd moved a couple of months earlier it must have been left on the lorry - and due to the T&Cs we only got two weeks to ask about anything which we'd missed. As you say, who thinks about such things so early? We didn't ask the removals firm as we felt we didn't have a leg to stand on.

It was a good one too with thick branches and seemed expensive at the time. I felt a bit miffed but got a smaller replacement in the following New Year in the sales. I always make sure I climb up on the lorry now to poke about so that nothing is left.

Surely it is their job to make sure they have unloaded everything! Otherwise they could be stealing things willy-nilly!!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 06-Nov-21 14:05:21

I would have thought so Alio08 but there were some rough old blankets rolled/folded up by the corners and it could have been hidden beneath out of sight.

I expressively asked DH to tell me when they finished so that I could do my last minute check but felt very ill with an impending migraine. He insisted that I go and rest, then told me they'd finished and had gone! Despite feeling ill I still wanted to do that little check - moving things around with care as I had a gut feeling that something like that could happen. I felt a bit miffed but - 'too late,' she cried.