Gransnet forums

AIBU

Thinking Zouma's "punishment&quo t; is far too lenient?

(12 Posts)
Harmonypuss Wed 01-Jun-22 16:11:39

The £125,000-per-week defender expected some sort of punishment after pleading guilty last week to two counts under the Animal Welfare Act, but was ONLY was sentenced to 180 hours community service and banned from keeping cats for five years after he admitted kicking and slapping his pet cat.

We know he 'voluntarily' donated cash to an (unnamed) animal charity when the video went public but there's NO FINE, NO PRISON in his "Punishment".

One rule for the rich and famous, another for everyone else.

How is this meant to serve as a deterrent for others who might do the same?

Chestnut Wed 01-Jun-22 16:20:10

On a scale of 1 to 10 for child or animal abuse he hardly registers. There are so much worse cases, starving animals or children to death, beating animals or children to death, abuse lasting several months. He was heartily shamed on top of his sentence so I'm really not that bothered.

MerylStreep Wed 01-Jun-22 16:24:38

We already have a thread on this subject.

Vintagejazz Wed 01-Jun-22 17:53:40

It seems an appropriate punishment to me. People get less for drunk driving causing death.

Beautful Wed 01-Jun-22 18:04:43

Not harsh enough ... animals have feeling ...

Harmonypuss Wed 01-Jun-22 23:47:15

@MerylStreep

We already have a thread on this subject.

There wasn't one anywhere visible when I wrote it, so if you'd like to enlighten me on where it is I may take my comments there and I'll all to have this thread removed.

SpringyChicken Thu 02-Jun-22 07:48:54

You really think he should have gone to prison for this?
Community service will have far more impact on him than a fine.

gibsontrevor111 Thu 02-Jun-22 08:02:35

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

M0nica Thu 02-Jun-22 08:26:23

I clicked on this thread expecting it to be baout the retired South African President, Jacob Zuma, who did so much damage to his country and condemned so many of his country people to death by his beleif that AIDS could be cured by folk remedies and turned his back on modern medecine. He has also been accused of massive corruption.

FannyCornforth Thu 02-Jun-22 09:01:49

Reported 8.02

Harmonypuss here is the other thread www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1310836-Finally-the-West-Ham-cat-kicker-goes-to-court

Charleygirl5 Thu 02-Jun-22 09:13:04

I agree that he will teach youngsters how to play football, and that is no punishment.

He should be dragging shopping trolleys out of rivers or weeding our pathways. He should be out working in all weathers as are many folk earning the minimum wage.

He has been banned from owning cats for 5 years, I would have made it life. The punishment should fit the crime.

rafichagran Thu 02-Jun-22 20:46:37

Chestnut

On a scale of 1 to 10 for child or animal abuse he hardly registers. There are so much worse cases, starving animals or children to death, beating animals or children to death, abuse lasting several months. He was heartily shamed on top of his sentence so I'm really not that bothered.

Quite agree, and with Vintagejazz post too.