Gransnet forums

AIBU

Murderous intent?

(133 Posts)
GrammyGrammy Wed 29-Jun-22 13:44:38

Am I overreacting or is this attempted murder? A diabetic obese woman in her 90th year brought three sacks of sugar treats per year. She gains half a stone each time and gets uti's. Its made her incontinent. No flowers just this stuff hidden around the house. Three one or two hour visits per year only. Previously this same one got their two other disabled siblings excluded from uncles will and groomed the 3 million for themselves. Is this sack of sugar attempted murder Of an elderly diabetic? Am I unreasonable for thinking it is exactly that?

Esmay Tue 05-Jul-22 08:46:29

I'd wear a red hat and a purple dress if joining such a group is going to be FUN ? .

I went to the WI once .The guest speaker did chou chin chow impressions and with his hands made his eyes slant in front of thee squirming with embarrassment Asian ladies .

I made a complaint and was not invited again .

Back to the subject :
At age 90 , in failing health does it really matter what you eat and drink ?

My father HATES healthy foods and I'm grateful if I can get through one day without his exploding into the most appalling tempers ,tantrums and then having to endure the ensuing moods .

Like the hotelier in Evil Under The Sun, who told her staff that if Hercule Poirot wants boot polish on sausages - so be it .

Elrel Mon 04-Jul-22 23:06:10

My aunt loved that poem, we made sure she always had a purple jumper. I was touched to be asked to read the poem at my aunt’s memorial service, she was 104.

Callistemon21 Mon 04-Jul-22 19:19:49

I'm never buying another red hat ?
But I'd like like to run my stick along the railings.

M0nica Mon 04-Jul-22 18:48:46

i will not attend any gathering that requires me to wear a red hat, or purple clothes. I loathe the poem behind this affectation. I find it patronising and demeaning.

Callistemon21 Mon 04-Jul-22 15:42:56

undines

It does sound as if it may be purposefully/subconsciously harmful, but then many people are still amazingly ignorant about food, harming themselves as much as others with dreadful nutritional choices. That may be hard for you to believe, if you're very aware of food quality.

She's 90

undines Mon 04-Jul-22 15:21:22

It does sound as if it may be purposefully/subconsciously harmful, but then many people are still amazingly ignorant about food, harming themselves as much as others with dreadful nutritional choices. That may be hard for you to believe, if you're very aware of food quality.

Callistemon21 Sun 03-Jul-22 23:34:45

There's a group called the Red Hatters
I knew I should have kept that hat!

Grammaretto Sun 03-Jul-22 23:06:20

Next gransnet outing red hats should be obligatory!
I admire elderly eccentrics but haven't the courage to be one myself but then again maybe I am

Callistemon21 Sun 03-Jul-22 22:53:13

? ?

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 22:50:48

Alligators would probably work, too. grin

Callistemon21 Sun 03-Jul-22 22:40:49

MissAdventure

I dunno.
I always thought they were like bicycle clips?
Braces?
Maybe I've spelt it wrong?

Oh yes. Gaiters, I think
Keep your legs warm, with an elasticated bit that goes under your foot.

I am so old I remember wearing some when I was a small child! Winters were chilly then and tights hadn't been invented.

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 22:16:26

My guess is that a sibling who does nothing to help, visited their mum and fetched her in a pile of sweets.
The op found them, and posted because she was angry.
I think I'm Hetty whatsername, here.

ExDancer Sun 03-Jul-22 21:55:53

Still no explanation from the OP.

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 20:50:37

If they were Cadbury roses she might. smile

Ali08 Sun 03-Jul-22 20:49:11

Yammy

Is this a spoof? A diabetic aged 90 being fed sugar and accusing the person of getting wills changed in their favour.
If it isn't I'll have what she's having if I can get to 90.

Can't be doing her any harm if she's still here, apart from the UTIs.
OP could buy them from her and get her flowers instead, although I doubt she'd find them as tasty!

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 20:38:57

I dunno.
I always thought they were like bicycle clips?
Braces?
Maybe I've spelt it wrong?

Callistemon21 Sun 03-Jul-22 20:36:02

gators?

Alligators?

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 20:23:16

All mouth and gators for a man, I think it was.

Callistemon21 Sun 03-Jul-22 20:12:43

MissAdventure

Both phrases were acceptable around here. smile

Or not acceptable if you're on the receiving end
???

Callistemon21 Sun 03-Jul-22 20:11:35

Oh, thank goodness.
I never wore the hat again although it was very smart but wore the shoes a few times. DD2 found the handbag about 35 years later! and said "I love it, it's retro, can I have it?"

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 20:08:20

Both phrases were acceptable around here. smile

V3ra Sun 03-Jul-22 20:05:28

Callistemon21 it was "all fur coat and no knickers" where I come from ?

Callistemon21 Sun 03-Jul-22 20:01:05

Oh V3ra! I remember wearing a red hat, red shoes and carrying smart red bag to a wedding in the Sixties, to go with a navy and red outfit. Then someone said to me "Oh! Red hat, no drawers" ?

V3ra Sun 03-Jul-22 19:36:36

With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.

We spent more hours than I was happy about one holiday searching for the "perfect" red hat for my mother-in-law to wear to her ladies' group.
Never did find one that was acceptable ?

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 12:50:51

I've always said that should I win the lottery (that I don't do) I shall open up a care home where the people can do whatever the hell they want (unless it's really impossible, or illegal)