Gransnet forums

AIBU

Doctors appointments, or not as the case may be.

(52 Posts)
Fleurpepper Fri 27-Jan-23 20:47:56

How very frustrating, and dangerous too.

Parents of children who have to take kids to school just cannot get to a phone at that time of day, then have to go to work- and can't hang around as you describe. Just dreadful!

taurusmmukpp Fri 27-Jan-23 20:39:10

I phoned for appointment about a dodgy looking mole and some bruises on my legs, I was 58th in the queue and my wife does the talking to the receptionists because my hearing is not good. The countdown was excruciatingly slow and would hang on some numbers for a seemingly long time.

Eventually we crawled to an answer after 1 hour, 15 minutes. During the wait my wife was almost apoplectic with rage after every staged announcement and I was worried that she would blame the receptionist for the delay, and as soon as we were answered, asked the receptionist if everyone was on holiday but then said I am not blaming you.

Anyway, there were no appointments left for that day and was told to make a video appointment when they open at 4:00 pm. Had to wait in today to for the call and I get very uneasy incase it doesn’t happen or it gets cut off, but after waiting on edge for 5 hours we received a text saying “because of the high volume of calls yesterday, the doctor would call me on Monday”. My problem doesn’t need urgent care but in the 1970’s I could phone at 08:30 in the morning and be in the surgery by 9 o/clock. Happy days.

In previous rants about doctors and appointments there are always winners and losers and there seems to be no way to even out the disparity of coverage, but a wise woman once told me if you want to see a doctor, stop eating apples 😁 Ho-Ho.