Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Climbing frame

(3 Posts)
Robert Sun 19-Jun-11 01:30:14

I'm a keen woodworker and when my own kids were small I made an outdoor climbing frame which lasted us for about 12 years and then got passed on to a local nursery. I still have the plans for that, but I'm now thinking about making a new climbing frame in the winter for my little grandson to enjoy next summer when he will be 2+. It would be nice to look at new designs rather than just repeat what I did before.
The climbing, swinging, and wendy-house bits aren't too difficult but a wooden slide isn't as good as a plastic one from which you can't get splinters. Does anyone know where you can get a plastic slide on its own so that I can build the rest of the climbing frame to fit it?
And do you have any other ideas or designs for a climbing frame? All thoughts and ideas gratefully received.

nanafrancis Sun 19-Jun-11 08:12:16

http://www.tptoys.com/Outdoor-Toys/Slides/

Try this website!

Our SiL built a climbing frame for his DSs out of stair parts bought from B&Q. It's had hard use for over 5 years and on one side he put some plastic hand/foot holds used on climbing walls for them to use to climb up as well as the usual ladder. The boys love it.

lucid Sun 19-Jun-11 12:28:55

I don't know if you have Freecycle/Freegle in your area but you could give them a try....maybe someone will be looking to recycle an old climbing frame that you could use.