Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Hi

(7 Posts)
cathy Wed 01-May-13 21:11:49

I thought I would put this in the Arts and Crafts section for all grandmas that have granddaughters.

I was buying my Grandson the CBeebies magazine today and noticed a brilliant new craft magazine for girls called Ruby. smile

Grannyknot Wed 01-May-13 21:27:25

I bought one recently for myself, thought it was called 'Ruby loves' - the website is www.rubyloves.com it must be the same one. I made the 'kitten key ring' out of felt and all the stuff I needed was included. smile (i'm not lucky enough to have grandchildren so I play by myself).

cathy Wed 01-May-13 21:32:00

GrannyKnot I was so tempted to buy one for myself, glad its not just me smile Yes sorry it is called Ruby Loves

Grannyknot Wed 01-May-13 21:56:23

My 34 year old daughter has a subscription to 'Molly Makes' which I think is similar for grown-ups. smile There is another great new mag called The Simple Things which she bought for me for a treat recently. How about approaching them for some prizes or promo copies GNHQ? wink

Flowerofthewest Wed 01-May-13 22:21:14

Sounds great will give it a try, ummm. mean give them a try.

Mishap Wed 01-May-13 22:57:08

What age group is it aimed at?

Grannyknot Fri 03-May-13 12:43:27

Hi mishap I would say Ruby Loves is aimed at 9 - 12 year olds but I don't really know ... I did enjoy hand stitching the felt kitty from the mag - all the bits are included and you just get on with it straight away.

The others mentioned are aimed at adults.