Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Shrug - like a straight shawl, but with cuffs

(8 Posts)
goldengirl Thu 07-Nov-13 17:29:08

Ebay may have some. Knitting shops often advertise there

Grannyknot Thu 07-Nov-13 08:28:30

Yes, thanks, I may try that. I suppose I was hoping to find a pattern with a bit more interest, stitch wise.

I find that with many of the free pattern sites, all you get is a long list with names like "Amy's Shrug" "Carnival Shawl" etc and you have to click on each one and check, nuisance! I wish they'd give thumbnails like I know Ravelry does.

Brendawymms Thu 07-Nov-13 08:12:58

Try Garnstudio. All patterns are free or google 'shrug free pattern' I am sure you will find one. Alternatively knit a straight length of suitable width and the join ends into a round and pick up stitches to knit cuffs. Does that make sense.?

Grannyknot Thu 07-Nov-13 07:41:04

Thanks, Icy, will check now.

Icyalittle Wed 06-Nov-13 21:13:37

I've got one Grannyknot but it's from an old Phildar book from the early 80's. It was an easy knit, basically a rectangle gathered at each end into a cuff. I will private message it to you.

Grannyknot Sun 27-Oct-13 14:21:44

Hi tanith thanks, I'm just on Ravelry now, I'm finding some but mostly crochet, which I can't do. Will keep trying online smile

tanith Sun 27-Oct-13 14:04:55

Have you tried Ravelry.co.uk?

Grannyknot Sun 27-Oct-13 13:56:39

Does anyone maybe have a pattern for a garment that is similar to a wide shawl but that culminates at each end in a cuff? I've trawled the knitting sites without success but will keep trying. I just fancy a wrap but something I can put my hands through at either end, I hope that this makes sense.