Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Free weekly pattern for knitted Christmas Advent Calender

(24 Posts)
shysal Sun 15-Oct-17 21:43:23

I think it will be fine grannyknot, so I keep adjusting it near the edge where the base will attach.

Grannyknot Sun 15-Oct-17 21:26:52

Shysal I'm not knitting the tree - but does it matter if you're out? What I mean is does it show? Or can you get away with it.

Ilovecheese Sun 15-Oct-17 20:42:25

Katek That is beautiful.

shysal Sun 15-Oct-17 16:23:35

Is anyone knitting the tree? I am about a quarter of the way through it, but every time they give a stitch count I am out by several, and I don't know why. Have you found the same? I find it very difficult to concentrate on the branch rows!

shysal Sun 24-Sep-17 14:33:18

I couldn't get any at Aldi, so had to pay more on line. I bought Robin Forest green for the tree and the Twinkle for the ornaments. Not cheap, but it will be occupational therapy during the dark evenings, which might stop me snacking!
Twinkle glitter yarn
I had never seen vacuum packed wool before! The package was about 1cm thick and came through the letter box next day.

Grannyknot Sat 23-Sep-17 21:49:23

whitewave neither could I- but, my local Poundland had glittery silver and glitter royal blue wool smile so I nabbed those.

whitewave Sat 23-Sep-17 17:55:56

I couldn't get to Aldissad I feel so frustrated

Lisalou Sat 23-Sep-17 17:28:59

Ooooh, thanks, off to find the crochet pattern!!!!

Grannyknot Thu 21-Sep-17 12:35:09

smile

Because I'm still finishing a cardi for my little grandson, I've decided that I shall skip the tree and knit the decorations only and put them on last year's tree (bought from Lidl), that has survived in a back corner of the garden! shock and even grown a bit. It's not huge, it's only about a metre tall, in a pot.

shysal Thu 21-Sep-17 12:23:49

lisalou the link includes last year's decorations which are all in crochet. I can't master it so will do the knitted version.

I have ordered some sparkly wool and can't wait to start. Hopefully it will stop me nibbling in the evenings!
Many thanks Grannyknot.

Katek Thu 21-Sep-17 11:31:05

Spotted the crochet pattern on website-going to try it out next week. This is the type of work I like to do.

shysal Thu 21-Sep-17 09:55:19

Me too!

whitewave Thu 21-Sep-17 08:52:26

I'm off to Aldis today - hope I'm not too late!!

Grannyknot Thu 21-Sep-17 07:29:59

Chewbacca I also struggle with crochet despite having an expensive one on one lesson. But my daughter, who is self-taught, channels her great grandmother I think because my gran was a master at crochet. My daughter's crochet work is beautiful.

Jangran99 Thu 21-Sep-17 01:24:51

Thank you so much Grannyknot.I know a little someone who will love this!

Chewbacca Wed 20-Sep-17 22:01:36

4 times I've been taught to crochet but can I do it? Nope! No matter how I try, I always end up with a tangled mess. It must be possible for me to learn, mustn't it? sad

Grannyknot Wed 20-Sep-17 22:00:24

're crochet, see screenshot.

Grannyknot Wed 20-Sep-17 21:59:04

Lisa I'm sure the website said that crochet pattern would also be available... scout around.

Lisalou Wed 20-Sep-17 21:54:20

Aw, that is lovely. If it were crochet, I would love to do it - but my knitting skills are crap! I can knit and produce a wearable jumper, but my heart is not in it. Now, I can crochet happily for hours, horses for courses, I guess.

Chewbacca Wed 20-Sep-17 21:18:39

They've got loads of knitting wools, knitting and crocheting kits and some quilting fat quarters too. Think they have knitting and crochet needles too. I spent far too much in there yesterday! I've got enough wool to last for years! or until the next Aldi Special Event for wool

Grannyknot Wed 20-Sep-17 20:15:56

Ooh, I'll have a look in my Aldi.

Chewbacca Wed 20-Sep-17 20:06:18

Thanks for that grannyknot, I'll give it a go. There is some lovely gold, green and red glittery knitting wool in Aldi this week that I've had my eye on and wondered what I could use it for!

Grannyknot Wed 20-Sep-17 18:30:11

Will try the link again:

www.tbramsden.co.uk/cal

Grannyknot Wed 20-Sep-17 18:29:43

I may give this a go (but am 2 weeks behind)!

In case anyone else is interested:

http://www.tbramsden.co.uk/ca