Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Photos of things made

(85 Posts)
JuneS Sun 02-Sep-18 16:04:48

Over the years I have had so many different hobbies. The photos of some of them just sit in an envelope and never looked at. If I share my makes will you share yours?
this photo is of fabric dolls now owned by my gr-granddaughters.

Karens Mon 25-Feb-19 19:46:22

Please help! My newly pregnant DD has asked if I would make something for the baby as a keepsake. I’m not artistic,
Can’t sew or knit. Any ideas please?

GabriellaG54 Sun 24-Feb-19 22:22:38

Coolgran65
I love the blankets and would like to know what the knobbly stitch is on the silvery grey square in second photo please.
Thank you grin

GabriellaG54 Sun 24-Feb-19 22:16:08

grannyqueenie
Fab photos.
I joined 2 photography MeetUp groups and have done some food and table-setting photos for an hotel in Sussex which was a real surprise.
I'm really inspired by all the talents on display here, worthy of a shop showcasing Gransnet and plan to make some spiral scarves like the ones shown here.
I'm so proud to be part of a group with huge reserves of knowledge and undisputed talents.
Well done ladies. I'm in awe. smile

GabriellaG54 Sun 24-Feb-19 21:59:08

I love the planters too Witzend and I see the cat/kitten photo-bombing the cushions. grin

GabriellaG54 Sun 24-Feb-19 21:54:13

Wow!!! JuneS
They look FAB-U-LOUS.
Good enough to be sold commercially. I'd definitely buy them. Well done.

JoyBloggs Sun 24-Feb-19 20:21:11

shysal and Grannyknot* just wanted to thank you for the idea and help re the spiral scarf back in November. I made one identical to shysal's and it has been much admired. One friend liked it so much she has actually made 5! It's very warm without being bulky and the colours are lovely, it goes with pretty well everything!

Nata Wed 19-Dec-18 10:56:38

I'm applauding you, ladies! Impressive work was done!
Here's mine

maursey Fri 07-Dec-18 00:12:27

How clever and what a lovely picture it makes.

Antonia Mon 19-Nov-18 13:12:17

Thank you Belladonna!

Bellanonna Sun 18-Nov-18 22:48:46

MiniMoon I’d have thought much longer actually, especially as it was off and on.
Antonia, what lovely pieces. I’ve never seen a tooth fairy pouch before!

JoyBloggs Sun 18-Nov-18 20:12:07

shysal Lovely to get the details of the wool, thank you! I've ordered the same colour as yours, I like it so much, hope you don't mind! I shall have to try really hard not to let it distract me from Christmas preps... I have that feeling that once I start I won't be able to put it down... grin

JoyBloggs Sun 18-Nov-18 20:05:26

Grannyknot, thank you! I've followed your link and enjoyed reading the comments and the nifty casting off tip. Raring to go now..!

Antonia Sun 18-Nov-18 18:34:00

I love working with leather and gorgeous fabrics, which I sell. Here are a few.

MiniMoon Sun 18-Nov-18 17:12:16

Bellanonna, it took about six weeks, on and off. I kept it as a project to take to my local Knit & Natter group.

Bellanonna Sun 18-Nov-18 14:02:06

MiniMoon that’s so elegant. Wondering how long it took to make?

Lovely colours for the spiral scarf, Shysal.

shysal Sun 18-Nov-18 11:46:56

Wow minimoon! Your shawl is lovely. I also love Starbox's blanket. I wouldn't have the patience for anything so intricate.
For those who were interested in my spiral scarf, this is the one I am knitting now for the school Christmas Fayre.

MiniMoon Sun 18-Nov-18 11:38:23

Just finished this shawl. It's made from odd balls of home spun alpaca yarn, and milk fibre yarn that a friend was giving away. I can't show it to its best advantage as the only place I could find to hang it was on the front door!

shysal Sun 18-Nov-18 11:19:13

freemotion-kate.blogspot.com/2010/07/scarf-by-many-names.html
This scarf pattern is similar to the one I used, with Aran weight wool and 5mm needles. Here is the wool. It comes out quite slim.

starbox Sun 18-Nov-18 09:50:15

Many thanks! If you can do fairisle, it's honestly not hard at all.

Grannyknot Sun 18-Nov-18 08:21:28

Joy I agree, Shysal's yarn is perfect, it "makes" the scarf. I also hope we find out what it is smile

In the article on the link I sent, is a link to another blog post for this pattern, where a cast off method is given so that both ends of the scarf match. The pattern in the first article doesn't mention cast off.

Good luck with knitting it.

JoyBloggs Sat 17-Nov-18 21:59:07

Thanks so much, Grannyknot, just had a look at your link and can't believe that it looks fairly simple and within my limited capabilities! I love shysal's yarn and hope she'll be back to tell me what it is.

(How on earth does autocorrect come up with these bizarre variations!!!)

Grannyknot Sat 17-Nov-18 21:58:40

Starbox your knitting is on a whole other level! That's beautiful.

Grannyknot Sat 17-Nov-18 21:43:25

"Abysmal"! Apologies to Shysal from autocorrect!

Grannyknot Sat 17-Nov-18 21:42:12

JoyBlioggs I hope abysmaL won't mind me replying, the pattern is also called "Spiral Scarf", it's really easy, here's a link:

dinkyflowerpots.blogspot.com/2012/05/spiral-scarf-wip.html?m=1

I once knitted one on a long-haul flight, I took short bamboo needles and no one took them off me! smile

JoyBloggs Sat 17-Nov-18 20:26:50

shysal I love that scarf! I would really like to make one (exactly the same!) and have googled Potato Chip scarves but haven't seen any as nice as yours! Are you prepared to divulge the details of the pattern and yarn? smile