Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Odd amounts of 4 ply anyone?

(17 Posts)
Outtawork Tue 20-Nov-18 20:28:11

Bathsheba, thank you

Bathsheba Mon 19-Nov-18 13:24:19

Outtawork if you look at the top right hand side of Nonnie's post you'll see "Add comment|Report|Private Message. Just click/tap on the private message and you will be taken to a page where you can type in your message and hit send.

Outtawork Mon 19-Nov-18 13:10:51

l dont know what or how to pm you

Nonnie Mon 19-Nov-18 12:59:49

Thank you so much cap308 and Outtawork, just small amounts needed but if you want to get rid of more I knit for charity so can use whatever you need to get rid of. Just PM me and we can make arrangements and of course I will pay postage,

Outtawork Mon 19-Nov-18 12:56:06

l have lots of 4ply as l have a knitting machine, how much do you need?

cap308 Mon 19-Nov-18 12:53:18

I have found some light green or maybe you would class it as aqua, not sure. I also have some white 4ply.
Let me know if you are interested.

gmelon Thu 27-Sep-18 16:32:19

To clarify.
Online, there are endless people asking where to get the Womans Weekly Peppa Pig pattern.
Google it.

gmelon Thu 27-Sep-18 16:29:26

Have you done much yet? I knitted my three boys so many of those 4ply themed jumpers.
Turtles, Thomas, postman pat, Lego come immediately to mind.
Do keep your patterns. They have been clamped down on by the copyright people and you can't buy them nowadays.

I had to scour the internet to buy a copy of an official peppa pig pattern that was printed in womans weekly. There are endless people asking where they can get it.

My wool shop explained that these patterns are, due to copyright, not produced any more.

gmelon Thu 27-Sep-18 16:19:55

I had a look in my bags of wool. I thought I had some from when I knitted a waist coat wearing hare.
I may have given it to a friend last year for knitting her Christmas toys.
Sorry, I hope you have luck. Have you tried the Revelry forum. Or gumtree, I have been surprised how useful gumtree is.

Nonnie Thu 27-Sep-18 15:51:36

Thanks Billybob.

Billybob4491 Thu 27-Sep-18 15:45:23

Four ply is very difficult to buy these days, had a look in my knitting box, but only d.k. hope someone can help you out.

Nonnie Thu 27-Sep-18 15:23:41

Wish I could but I think it would be wrong as the body of the sweater will be in 4 ply.

grannysue05 Thu 27-Sep-18 15:04:47

Can you use DK ?

Nonnie Thu 27-Sep-18 11:27:21

Thanks grannysue that was my problem. Not sure many use 4 ply anymore, it is a very old pattern.

grannysue05 Thu 27-Sep-18 11:09:08

Nonnie Just hauled out my knitting box.
I have many colours but, sadly, not in 4ply.
Hope someone on GN will be able to help.

grannysue05 Thu 27-Sep-18 10:33:00

Nonnie I will look in my knitting box.
I know that I have lots of DK but there may be some 4 ply in those colours.
If so, its yours.

Nonnie Thu 27-Sep-18 10:28:57

I've said I will knit a Kermit sweater for someone but am aware they don't have a lot of money and wonder if anyone has small amounts of green, light green, yellow, black or red? I've managed to find the other colours in my wool and a charity shop. I will be more than happy to pay postage. I've tried our local Freegle with no luck and scoured the charity shops which have loads of DK but not 4 ply. My friend would be upset if I bought the yarn for her so want to be able to tell her I got it from friends.

Thanks for helping if you can.