Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Sewing machine servicing

(7 Posts)
H1954 Sun 23-Dec-18 22:11:45

Long shot, but has anyone got any details or contacts for sewing machine servicing in The East Midlands please? Ive had my Janome machine for over four years, been cleaned regularly but it gets so much use it's really in need of some TLC.

rubysong Sun 23-Dec-18 22:48:34

If you enquire in a local fabric shop they may be able to put you in touch with someone who will service your machine.

Nanabilly Mon 24-Dec-18 01:19:35

Cresswells in Daybrook near Arnold Nottingham is where I take mine .. It's not cheap but very good.

M0nica Mon 24-Dec-18 06:45:44

Google 'Janome Servicing and the name of a local town' and you will get a list of results answering your question.

ginny Mon 24-Dec-18 07:08:31

Oh goodness. I’ve had my Janome for nearly 20 years and never had it serviced. I clear out the fluff regularly. What does a service actually entail ?

J52 Mon 24-Dec-18 08:18:06

Are you near Leicester? A few years ago I got mine serviced, ( after son had wrecked the tension trying to sew a fancy dress costume!) very reasonably at a suppliers/ repairers in the garment manufacturing area of Leicester.
I can’t remember their name, but if you google sewing machine repairers in Leicester, quite a few come up. The workshop was fantastic and sold spares etc.

H1954 Mon 24-Dec-18 08:53:46

Many thanks GN members for your posts, I have now located a long established sewing centre ( didn't realise it was there !) which comes with 5 star reviews and will I be paying them a visit in the New Year. Thanks again and Happy Christmas!