Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

ideas please

(6 Posts)
ayse Wed 03-Apr-19 18:08:06

How about fat quarters and small projects. Plenty of books and fabrics online to get you started.

vintanner Wed 03-Apr-19 17:34:59

You can get everything and anything on Amazon, patterns to sew clothes or items for the home. You can get fabric too so you could quilt a table runner or cushion. YouTube has some incredible tutorials. You can even make your own handbag.
Enjoy whatever you choose to do.

rosecarmel Wed 03-Apr-19 17:23:40

Oh, sorry, you said sewing ..

rosecarmel Wed 03-Apr-19 17:22:31

Latch hook rug?

Badenkate Wed 03-Apr-19 17:17:58

What about a cross stitch kit? Lots of choice from traditional to modern, easy to difficult. I've been doing a few Bothy Prints ordered from Amazon and everything apart from a pair of scissors (and embroidery frame if you use one) is included

MrsJamJam Wed 03-Apr-19 17:12:42

I am somewhat trapped getting over a hip replacement. Can fill some of the day with the compulsory exercises, rests and short walks, plus a few chores are possible but find that sitting and reading is becoming unsatisfying. I fancy a sewing project to keep boredom at bay but can't think what I might try. It has to be something where any necessary materials can be sourced online as shopping is out for a few weeks yet. Any useful ideas, please