Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

My other love - apart from knitting

(21 Posts)
Callistemon Thu 25-Apr-19 22:54:13

whywhywhy and nanabilly - lovely paintings, you must be very pleased with your efforts.
yes, I have done painting in the past but not anything as good as those.

ps not niggling, but isn't Newton Ferrers in Devon, not Cornwall? It could have moved since we lived near there of course grin
Just in case anyone was inspired to visit there after seeing your painting

GabriellaG54 Thu 25-Apr-19 22:28:08

Nannabilly
Wow!!
You are really talented. More please. smile

crazyH Thu 25-Apr-19 22:26:57

whywhy and nanabilly .....what talent ?

GabriellaG54 Thu 25-Apr-19 22:25:25

Sorry. Should be lovely painting, not love. blush

GabriellaG54 Thu 25-Apr-19 22:23:50

whywhywhy
Thank you for sharing your hobby - it's a really love painting.
I used to attend painting classes, along with 4 others last year. We had a tutor who taught at Goldsmiths.
After a few weeks I decide to join a garden club and gave up painting as I was never very good at it but I did buy a flower painting done by one of the others and had it framed.
It's extra special as it was painted by a friend.
Where I live, some coffee shops have the work of local artists and potters displayed and they are all for sale.
Do you have any places where you can display your work alongside others?
I hope to see more of your work on here.
smileflowers

Oldandverygrey Mon 15-Apr-19 11:24:58

When you have finished your painting, you must let us have a peep, so give it a go travelsafar.

travelsafar Mon 15-Apr-19 10:48:18

beautiful painting by both people.How i wish i could paint like that.Only last week i got a book from the library which gives step by step instructions on painting flowers so i am aiming to have a go , when i can find time.smile

Witzend Mon 15-Apr-19 10:43:18

That is really beautiful!
I can't draw or paint for toffee so a mite envious of anyone who can.

whywhywhy Tue 09-Apr-19 08:40:41

Nannabilly, I paint more now that I've retired. Also I go to a painting group, once per week. X

CherylMoon Tue 09-Apr-19 02:19:15

Your poppies are beautiful! I’m sorry you didn’t win because you’ve painted a lovely picture!

Keep going!

Nanabilly Mon 08-Apr-19 21:14:20

I seem to have a post missing .
I posted one saying how lovely your poppies are whywhywhy and that painting was calming and relaxing and the reason why I stopped painting but it's got lost in cyber space somewhere . Don't want whywhywhy thinking I'd just hijacked the thread without saying how lovely the poppies are.
Do you paint a lot . Are you in an art group?

whywhywhy Mon 08-Apr-19 20:31:15

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I find painting very calming and relaxing.x

whywhywhy Mon 08-Apr-19 20:29:22

Nannabilly, your painting is fantastic. You are so talented. Keep up the good work. X

Nanabilly Mon 08-Apr-19 19:26:56

Here is one of my watercolours . It is of a place called Newton Ferrers in Cornwall and
Hope this works I've never done it before.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 08-Apr-19 19:23:47

That's beautiful whywhy, really lovely - how talented you are.

Urmstongran Mon 08-Apr-19 19:18:05

Oh my goodness - how talented are you?

I enlarged this to look at it properly and I am amazed at your talent!

Amazing. Really.
?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 08-Apr-19 18:13:01

Beautiful

Antonia Mon 08-Apr-19 18:12:19

That's lovely! I used to do watercolours, following the Anna Mason website. She's a brilliant artist. I don't do it now (sticking with my leatherwork at present) but will maybe join again later.

whywhywhy Mon 08-Apr-19 17:41:18

Thank you. I enjoy the painting and love the taking part.

Oldandverygrey Mon 08-Apr-19 17:36:59

whywhywhy - I think it looks very attractive, its not about the winning, just your own personal satisfaction at a job well done. Me - well I shall just stick to my knitting!

whywhywhy Mon 08-Apr-19 17:34:20

I learned how to knit when I was 9 years old by my mam and I have loved it ever since. BUT I also love to do watercolour painting and since I have retired I have managed to get back into it properly. I've managed to get some of them framed and this painting was entered into a local competition, sadly I didnt win. Thank you for looking. x