Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

should i or not

(5 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 08-May-19 08:53:40

I have been toying with the idea of having a go at knitting a quite complicated jumper for myself. I dont want to use a cheap wool due to the amount of effort it is going to take to knit it. But looking on websites that sell 100% wool yarns it is going to work out so expensive. What would you do would you go cheaper acrylic type yarn or go for it and choose the pure wool and hang the expense. Or does anyone know of a site selling pure wool at a good price.

M0nica Wed 08-May-19 08:59:34

If you are an experienced knitter and a good knitter so that you can be sure it will work. do it. If you are less sure use a will mix, which will be cheaper.

MiniMoon Wed 08-May-19 09:48:16

Have you looked at Wool Warehouse? They have a sale and clearance section which often has cheaper woll/yarn. Only thing with buying online though, is that you'd have to buy the whole amount you need for the garment.is
I've bought quite a few times from them and can recommend them.

SisterAct Wed 08-May-19 09:50:55

My mum always said from teaching me to knit at 8yrs old Use the correct wool. She didn’t have much money but wanted it to be successful.

I am an experienced knitter and would still use the correct wool.

Happy ?

travelsafar Thu 09-May-19 19:14:16

MiniMoon thanks for the heads up about wool warehouse, managed to find 100% 50gms wool on offer for 1.45 per ball.So order made and awaiting delivery.