Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Roman blinds

(7 Posts)
BBbevan Fri 28-Jun-19 20:59:36

Thank youNainFron I will give it my best try. Are you by any chance Welsh, with that name?

NainFron Thu 27-Jun-19 09:19:28

Here's the link that I mentioned earlier, where I found the instructions for making my blind.
www.sew-helpful.com/roman-blind-interlined-index.php

NainFron Thu 27-Jun-19 09:17:33

I made 2 roman blinds, without a machine, interlined, a few months ago with no previous experience. I'm pleased to say that they turned out well and I'm sure you can do it too. I followed instructions from a professional which I found on the internet. I'll search for it and post a link for you . The secret's in the measuring. Measure twice and cut once! Good luck.

Welshwife Mon 24-Jun-19 11:34:59

I have done a few of them but bought the rods and the rings and cord from a curtain fabric shop - I did not find them cheap to make. I made mine with lining as they hang better as long as you get the two layers of fabric straight etc.

Beechnut Mon 24-Jun-19 11:15:34

I have made them for myself with just a bottom rod which was something already lurking in the house and have also made them for my DD and she bought a kit from somewhere online. It was pretty straightforward as you say. Sewing machine for me. I wouldn’t want to tackle it without.

winterwhite Mon 24-Jun-19 11:02:10

Hats off to anyone prepared to do that without a sewing machine. I'd never in a million years get it straight.

BBbevan Mon 24-Jun-19 10:47:16

I have some lovely curtains which I would like to make into Roman blinds. I have watched YouTube videos and the method seems straightforward. Has anyone done this? Was it easy? Also I have no sewing machine. And where can you buy the rods, tape etc ?