Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Photo albums

(10 Posts)
mokryna Thu 02-Jan-20 22:26:13

I would like to make a family Christmas photo album but I have never done one before nor am I arty. The family have sent be all their photos because they are happy someone is doing one. Can anyone recommend one that gives lots of ideas please.

BradfordLass72 Fri 03-Jan-20 00:54:00

This might help and all you need do is Goolge relevant queries such as "How do I make a family album?"

www.mimeophotos.com/blog/family-photo-album

My family gave me a beautiful album of family photos taken over the past few years, not realising I can't see them
sad
I can se their smiles, that'll do.

kittylester Fri 03-Jan-20 06:55:42

Do you mean a photo book?

I've just done one of those for us and each of the children. I used Max Speilmann (sp) but there are lots of companies on line.

mokryna Fri 03-Jan-20 17:21:05

Yes Kityylester, sorry I wasn’t clear. There are several sites offering their services on the web. I have never made one although a couple of daughters have, one very good, however, daughters think it would be good for me to go it alone.shock

Missfoodlove Fri 03-Jan-20 19:51:14

You can go into a Kodak shop and they will help you through it

mokryna Fri 03-Jan-20 20:42:42

Thank you but could you give me more details on kodak shop please, as all I see are sale goods.

kittylester Fri 03-Jan-20 21:01:55

We found the online one good and we had time to look at it and change it.

We have a big family and getting equal 'representation' of everyone was difficult. I doubt we could have dine that un a store.

HettyMaud Fri 03-Jan-20 21:07:49

I have made 2 books using Bookemon. They are in America but postage is reasonable and service excellent. You can put in as much text as you like. It's all very easy.

Missfoodlove Sat 04-Jan-20 10:18:53

Mokryna, here is the link to the store locator kodakpictures.co.uk/find-a-store.html

NotSpaghetti Tue 28-Jan-20 10:57:59

I have made two wedding albums with Photobox. It was super easy to use (though I’m quite picky so spent more time on them than I needed to) and the quality was good.

Obviously you can only make it as lovely as the original photos but it was easy to move images about in order to put images that “go” together nicely on one page.

One album also had a poem laid over a “faded” image which came out well. Plenty of options for the super-fussy like me (!) or you can upload into a sort-of blank.

They have an offer on at the moment.

www.photobox.co.uk/photobox-discounts