Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

At the risk of sounding completely bonkers....

(8 Posts)
Witzend Fri 27-Mar-20 07:58:28

...but given that I have plenty of the right colours in my stash, I’ve started making one of these. And will make the other, too.

Esspee Fri 27-Mar-20 08:04:01

Sounds a good idea to me. We are all stuck in and these jobs will have to be done at sometime, so why not now!
If you do them in bulk @Witzend you’ll have no trouble selling them in the run up to Christmas. They are lovely.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 27-Mar-20 08:08:58

I’m started two Christmas wreaths for my two offspring!! I always give them an advent present each year of some sort of decoration.

This is how far I’ve got. A Father Christmas will be laying asleep on the grass and three sheep will be jumping in the sky

Witzend Fri 27-Mar-20 09:19:04

That is lovely, WWM2!
Glad I’m not the only one!

Thanks, Esspee! I won’t be selling them, though, they’ll be extra decorations for Gdcs, and you never know, if there’s enough in the stash I might make some more for other friends/family wee ones.

Gemini17892 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:03:07

I don’ t know if I dare mention these to you , Witzend , because I’ve seen some of your very talented knits.
I’ve been doing these for charity. They are called Comfort Dolls and were started by a woman in Canada. As you can see you knit a rectangle and sew it in a doll shape. There are lots of them on the internet. It’s a bit of fun and keeps my hands busy while I’m listening to my audio book.

Kittye Fri 27-Mar-20 20:47:57

Gemini loving your dolls. Will be googling those tomorrow ?

Witzend Sat 28-Mar-20 11:40:44

They’re lovely, Gemini17892. Will definitely look at making some of those - such a vast, many-coloured stash to use up.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 28-Mar-20 11:53:43

I love everything that you are all doing. Not enough hours in the day at present