Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

My knitted baby sleeves

(11 Posts)
Purplepixie Wed 22-Apr-20 23:26:26

I’ve made a total of 43 and have put them away until this virus has gone and then I will send them off to them. I think my target of 100 was a bit adventurous, maybe I will get back to them in the future.

Purplepixie Fri 17-Apr-20 11:31:16

Thank you all for getting into this one. I have made nearly 40 so far and just need somewhere to keep them until this virus has gone. Stay safe. X

Harris27 Thu 16-Apr-20 13:36:55

Will give it a go.

Purplepixie Thu 16-Apr-20 13:33:48

Hi Witzend. It’s says DK wool, so I’m taking that for any that washes ok. Cast on 26sts, knit 36 rows in garter stitch and sew up the sides, so simple. I’ve used cheap and cheerful acrylic as well. Take care and stay safe. X

Witzend Thu 16-Apr-20 12:05:46

Thank you, Purplepixie, will def. use some of my stash for these once lockdown’s over. Do you need any special yarn or will basic washable DK do? Most of my stash is left over from making toys/decorations, so it’s nearly all cheap and cheerful acrylic.

Purplepixie Thu 16-Apr-20 10:42:06

Auntieflow - You have jogged my memory and thank you.

I should have said in the OP for people to wait until after this virus has cleared up as they may get binned in case they are carrying the infection. I am planning on knitting 100 and keeping them in a safe place before sending them on.

Thank you for all of your PMs and happy knitting.

Auntieflo Wed 15-Apr-20 21:28:15

I also have knitted over a dozen of these, but did not think that hospitals would take them during this uncertain period.
So please, if anyone knows that they are still needed, could they post on here.
I didn't want to send them and then discover they were being destroyed.

whywhywhy Wed 15-Apr-20 15:23:09

They look great purplepixie. I'll PM you later to get the details. We'll done for knitting for a good cause.

curvygran Wed 15-Apr-20 13:46:45

Lovely idea, do they need a special kind of wool?

Hithere Wed 15-Apr-20 13:09:18

Amazing! They look fantastic

Purplepixie Wed 15-Apr-20 11:01:55

I’m knitting these little sleeves for babies who have cannulars (Not sure of the spelling) fitted. They are to stop them from scratching themselves. I saw a piece on the internet and so far I have made just over 30. If anyone else wants to make them then please PM me and I will give you the details and an address to send them to. Thank you for reading.