Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Pattern for neck warmer or small scarf.

(9 Posts)
Dawn22 Sun 17-May-20 20:55:34

Would anyone have a pattern for a neck warmer or small scarf by any chance. Would be delighted for details anyone might have.
Knitting is good for the soul.
Thanks a mil. Dawn

Grammaretto Sun 17-May-20 21:23:17

I have recently googled for a cowl pattern and found plenty of free ones on-line. Is that what you are thinking of?

www.pinterest.co.uk/hackettjm/free-cowl-knitting-patterns/

Witzend Mon 18-May-20 08:24:34

I haven’t checked for that sort of pattern, but the Lovecrafts website has patterns that are free to download, and masses that are available to download for a very few £.

MiniMoon Mon 18-May-20 09:46:10

YouTube. There are lots of people showing you how to knit or crochet a cowl or scarflette.
I crochet, and made one from a YouTube video which has been much admired.

Dawn22 Mon 18-May-20 17:56:45

Tks for info.
Just wondering if anyone had a tried and tested version.
Will find something on YouTube.

Grammaretto Mon 18-May-20 19:25:46

Ravelry is a great source of inspiration and hundreds of free patterns. I am just about to make one of the ones I saw, just as soon as I finish the baby jumper. ....

www.ravelry.com/tour/getting-started

MiniMoon Mon 18-May-20 21:16:05

I have made the crochet version of this one. youtu.be/l23CiJ5pzyU
I sewed around so that you just pull it on over your head instead of needing buttons.

readsalot Thu 21-May-20 22:39:19

I love knitting and find many patterns on the internet.I taught myself to knit in the round by making a cowl. Best wishes.

Grammaretto Fri 22-May-20 12:29:43

I have sent away this very day for the wool for a cowl otherwise known as an infinity scarf I found on ravelry.
www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/seed-stitch-infinity-scarf-9
Thanks for reminding me what my next project was. when I have finished the one I am on ofcourse

That is brilliant MiniMoon !!