Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Any cool photo editing guides?

(3 Posts)
JennyNotFromTheBlock Fri 17-Jul-20 09:26:04

I'm really in love with how people can edit the pictures and all these photoshopping magic, so I decided to learn it myself. maybe there are ladies who know things about photo editing and graphic design and they can share some cool sources except for the YT tutorials?

CorneliaStreet Fri 17-Jul-20 11:52:03

Well, most of the Youtube guides aim at show you the features of the particular programs, so I think it's better to start with choosing the program first. I think it's better to just google it out, like "photo editing software for beginners" or something like that. Or here is a list of programs, too- photoshop-alternative.com/
And then you start to look for a particular tutorials for a certain program, like here is a video guide about editing photos in the app called Picsart- youtu.be/Nt3zG5ccSak which is beloved by my DGD grin So, find a program first, then look for a tutorial. Good luck!

SuzannahM Fri 17-Jul-20 12:12:03

I use Gimp, which like a free version of Photoshop. There is online help, including YouTube videos. It takes a bit of practice but I find that I don't need to know everything, just enough to allow me to do what I want to do.

I've used it for restoring old black and white family photos (including replacing half of someone's head!) and it has made them much clearer. I've also restored lots of old colour pictures that had gone yellow.