I had the same problem earlier this week. Tried the usual things as you did, then removed the bobbin and discovered a rogue piece of thread that had broken off, I also used a brush to dust for lint. I removed it, checked that the needle wasn’t bent bent and carefully pulled a length of thread, longer than I would normally use, through the needle. When I tried again, it worked. It’s ages since I have done any sewing, but needed some masks. I ran through everything I remembered from the time when I was a keen sewer. I have a two year old machine, but had lost the manual to add to my frustration. May be totally wrong abut this advice, but it may be worth a try.