Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Watercolour painting

(80 Posts)
Purplepixie Thu 25-Nov-21 10:37:32

I have just finished this watercolour painting of a snow scene. These are the things that keep me sane during these trying times.
Thank you for looking

Whiff Sun 23-Jan-22 18:40:26

Water colour challenge was in Devon last week. Don't know where it is this week but it's very good. I remember watching it years ago think it was on BBC.

I can't draw let along paint beautiful pictures . Unlike some of the pictures on the this thread. Such talented people.

Luckygirl3 Sun 23-Jan-22 09:58:29

Excellent pic - well done!

DillPickles Sun 23-Jan-22 09:39:09

My goodness! If only I had half this talent

nadateturbe Thu 20-Jan-22 13:33:21

There's a new programme on C5 today 4pm Watercolour Challenge. Might be interesting.

Catterygirl Sun 16-Jan-22 00:31:35

I always felt a need to join in but was laughed at by my art teacher at school. Truly couldn’t draw a straight line, but how many straight lines are there in a picture?

Then, when living in Spain, an old Spanish man had such faith in me that I painted a romantic couple against balustrades in oils. He asked me how I planned to draw the balustrades as a total beginner and I said I just felt the desire and when I got stuck he would help me. He didn’t speak any English and my Spanish is only acceptable but he was the best teacher ever starting with me drawing an aubergine. Lots of rubbing out but then a perfect aubergine. I just started an online botanical art class and so wish he was beside me, but the basics he taught me are still there.

Catterygirl Sun 16-Jan-22 00:19:13

I love all the talent shown here. Beautiful pictures.

jonnij Fri 14-Jan-22 16:07:42

it is amazing

jonnij Fri 14-Jan-22 16:07:25

I understand

nadateturbe Thu 13-Jan-22 09:22:49

Thank you Purplepixie!

I think an embroidered card sounds very original and a lovely thing to make for someone. I look forward to seeing yours.

Purplepixie Wed 12-Jan-22 12:56:21

Nadateturbe Your robin is fabulous! I tried and tried but it ended up being binned but I will get there. I am embroidering a birthday card for one of my friends at the moment. Designed myself and hopefully it comes out ok. I’ll post a photo if the end result is ok.

nadateturbe Wed 05-Jan-22 23:17:56

Thanks CanadianGran. Perhaps I'll get a few cards printed.
Your little dog is sweet too. The balloon completes the painting very well.
I love art class. Its fun seeing what other folk paint. There's always such a variety of subjects.

Doodle Wed 05-Jan-22 23:03:44

Oops sorry was only looking at one page. Lots of lovely paintings.

Doodle Wed 05-Jan-22 23:02:32

So good both of you. You should be pleased with what you’ve achieved.

CanadianGran Wed 05-Jan-22 23:00:47

Nadateturbe, that is very sweet! You should do a little collection of Christmas cards for next year. I love birds, but somehow they end up looking stiff.

nadateturbe Wed 05-Jan-22 22:52:18

Duh!!

nadateturbe Wed 05-Jan-22 22:51:59

Didn't attach for some reason.

nadateturbe Wed 05-Jan-22 22:50:41

I love seeing other peoples art. It's great fun painting, doesn't matter how "good" it is or isnt. I'm trying watercolours which I think is much more difficult than acrylic.
My first robin.

Llamas99 Wed 05-Jan-22 22:33:47

Lovely snow scene!

Antonia Sun 12-Dec-21 12:30:30

That's beautiful!

Purplepixie Sun 12-Dec-21 11:46:22

Thank you. ?

Aveline Sat 11-Dec-21 13:28:43

Lovely pictures. Hats off to all you clever artists.

Purplepixie Sat 11-Dec-21 13:26:03

Thank you all for your kind words. I’ve since had the painting made into christmas cards, which I am chuffed with.

GrandmasueUK - Your owl is fantastic. I have had several attempts at painting a robin but without success but I will keep on trying.

CanadianGran - Your painting of the dog is fabulous. You are much better than me at animals. It is all down to practice and I must keep going.

Stay safe and sane during these very trying times.

FarNorth Thu 09-Dec-21 21:41:55

That's absolutely beautiful Purplepixie.

CanadianGran Thu 09-Dec-21 21:25:37

How lovely to see all your work!
Purplepixie - you have managed to capture both the warmth of the sun, and the cool colours of the snow. well done.
Grandmabally - lovely little robin. They are such cheerful birds.
GrandmaSue - That owl is lovely. Background is well done as well.

Here is my most recent attempt. More of an illustration than painting. I did a card for my grandson's birthday; it is his dog Annie. I have just over the last year or so started up drawing and painting again since I have a bit more time. It's fun and I guess therapeutic to have an artistic outlet.

Ali08 Thu 09-Dec-21 12:14:58

Oooooooh PurplePixie
That is BEAUTIFUL!!
I look forward to seeing more of your wonderful art!