Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Quick knitted hot water bottle cover

(15 Posts)
Purplepixie Sun 04-Dec-22 10:46:15

I made this hot water bottle cover the other night. 1.5 hours and using left over Chunky and DK wool. Knitted on 9mm knitting needles so it just sped along. Tried it out last night and it is warm and toasty! Hope you like it.

Blossoming Sun 04-Dec-22 10:58:10

It’s lovely, I so envy your knitting skills!

Witzend Sun 04-Dec-22 20:14:17

That’s lovely, Purplepixie! You must be breaking knitting records lately - so many lovely things!

nanaK54 Sun 04-Dec-22 21:13:57

Lovely!

mrsgreenfingers56 Sun 04-Dec-22 22:23:11

It's so nice, think I need to knit one as just filled a hot water bottle. Is the pattern available please? Wow, made in one night, you are a fast knitter. Give me a few weeks at least!
Many thanks.

Squiffy Sun 04-Dec-22 22:49:05

That looks so warm and cosy in those colours!

Aldom Sun 04-Dec-22 22:53:14

smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Purplepixie Mon 05-Dec-22 08:51:34

Thank you. No pattern - I just made it up as I went along.

Purplepixie Mon 05-Dec-22 11:15:16

Knitted a cowl to go with the jumper I made for myself earlier, last night. Just sewed in the ends. Cast on a hat this afternoon for another friend for christmas.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 05-Dec-22 11:42:35

It looks great Purplepixie, well done.

Witzend Mon 05-Dec-22 22:53:48

Purplepixie

Knitted a cowl to go with the jumper I made for myself earlier, last night. Just sewed in the ends. Cast on a hat this afternoon for another friend for christmas.

You really are going at it hammer and tongs, Purplepixie!
👏👏. Surely a GN record?

What with the pre Christmas housework blitz (badly needed, believe me) all I’ve done in the last couple of days is nearly a finish a pair of worry-monster’s pants for Knit for Nowt - I don’t like to think of why the therapists need them - it’s depressingly obvious.

I dare say they’ll eventually fit my ongoing Big Fat Ted, but I prefer to think of them on the worry-monsters - I did make a few of those previously, too.

Purplepixie Tue 06-Dec-22 13:46:29

Thank you Witzend - I really do have the knitting bug. Our kitchen will get the pre-christmas blitz just before christmas. the rest of the house has had a big tickle.

Two more hats to knit for presents for friends. One I started last night and hope to finish this afternoon.

Big pain - one of my fillings has dropped out this morning and cannot get into the dentist until 16th December. Oh well - happy knitting.

DaisyAlice Tue 20-Dec-22 21:46:38

I'd like to have a go at learning to knit. What would you suggest for a beginner please?

Esmay Wed 21-Dec-22 07:59:29

Totally brilliant !
Well done .

Purplepixie Wed 21-Dec-22 13:04:24

DaisyAlice - I taught my grand daughter to knit a while back and my youngest made herself a very beautiful neck cowl. Just one long tube and sewn up at the sides. Really easy. Or a basic garter stitch scarf using odd bits of wool.

Thank you for all of your kind words.