Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

πŸŽ„ Sewing Bee Christmas Special πŸŽ„

(45 Posts)
Millie22 Thu 22-Dec-22 14:49:37

Just a reminder that this is on tonight if anyone wants to watch it.

Wyllow3 Fri 23-Dec-22 20:50:37

Got enough gruesome images in my head from a cosmetically altered Madonna else thread atm...

MrsKen33 Fri 23-Dec-22 20:48:51

Johannes was great.

Callistemon21 Fri 23-Dec-22 20:35:50

πŸ˜‚

So, Rod in that pinny?

Wyllow3 Fri 23-Dec-22 20:33:32

Like a million times...(I greatly exaggerate, but thought if I have to hear famous husband references once more.....)

Callistemon21 Fri 23-Dec-22 20:18:10

DD did say she'd never have realised that Penny was married to Rod Stewart if she hadn't kept mentioning it!
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

grannydarkhair Fri 23-Dec-22 20:12:04

Wyllow3 I’m with you on this, I usually enjoy the celebrity special but found it very lack lustre this year. Although Sarah Pascoe didn’t annoy me as much as she has done previously and I loved her frock.

Wyllow3 Fri 23-Dec-22 19:37:18

I'd have preferred this years ordinary contestants invited back for some fun but more skilled challenges.

All a bit "celeb" for me with in jokes I didn't "get". Nice to see the baby of course.

Deedaa Fri 23-Dec-22 19:25:59

I wonder whether non sewers are better at taking advice from the judges than the experienced sewers are. There's probably a tendency for the normal competitors to decide that they know what they're doing and don't need to listen.

Callistemon21 Fri 23-Dec-22 11:12:19

vegansrock πŸ‘

I am sure there must have , at least, been some clost practicing by the contestants between being contracted for the programme and taking part
Perhaps between the first efforts where the garments were what one might expect for beginners and the third outfits.
It was obviously filmed at different times.

Chardy Fri 23-Dec-22 11:05:48

If you didn't see it, catch it on iplayer, you won't be disappointed (even if you hate sewing).

Whitewavemark2 Fri 23-Dec-22 10:08:04

Good wasn’t itπŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…?

vegansrock Fri 23-Dec-22 09:59:31

The judges were very kind - saying the jumpsuit fitted perfectly when it obviously didn’t !

M0nica Fri 23-Dec-22 09:28:17

DD and I sat and watched the programme, it was great.

Although I find it difficult to believe that 4 people with as few sewing skills as the contestant's claimed at the start of the programme could make the clothes they did by the end. I am sure there must have , at least, been some clost practicing by the contestants between being contracted for the programme and taking part.

Not that this thought spoiled my enjoyment. All programmes are tweaked and edited to make them attractive viewing, that is what tv is all about.

Ailidh Fri 23-Dec-22 08:50:58

I enjoyed it but thought the jumpsuit looked like bacofoil. I suppose there's an art in sewing bacofoil. I like the Madonna outfit best.

I really enjoyed that they all took it seriously and tried hard - often on celeb cooking programmes they just stand around flapping their hands. Good on them! πŸ˜πŸŽ„

argymargy Fri 23-Dec-22 08:34:35

I really enjoyed this - and Natalie was hilarious!

shysal Fri 23-Dec-22 07:57:45

I enjoyed the fun atmosphere and laughed out loud at the modelling of the jumpsuit!

Calendargirl Fri 23-Dec-22 07:18:44

And as for putting in a zip (Rosie), never having done it before!

Respect!

Calendargirl Fri 23-Dec-22 07:18:04

I enjoy watching Sewing Bee, but hate sewing and cannot do anything in that line.

I find it amazing that apart from Johannes, who said he can do repairs on costumes and obviously has seamstresses in his family, they managed to rustle up three different outfits.

I would have spent the whole programme trying to thread the sewing machine needle, I’m sure!

Parsley3 Fri 23-Dec-22 07:16:34

Good laughs and a lovely wee baby made this episode such happy viewing. I really enjoyed it.

Callistemon21 Thu 22-Dec-22 22:45:32

DD and I enjoyed it, DH was asleep.

I liked the jumpsuit but thought the parka was the best of all.

Joseanne Thu 22-Dec-22 22:42:39

It was funny, and given their lack of sewing skills and the tasks set, they did quite well.
I think the Harry Styles model clinched it for Johannes to win.

Deedaa Thu 22-Dec-22 22:20:57

Great fun as usual. They were all so good and the baby was gorgeous. Penny Lancaster always seems such a nice normal person. Nice normal size too, slim but not half starved looking and no sign of Botox or trout pout.

Ohmother Thu 22-Dec-22 22:06:43

I enjoyed it as all were up for good fun. Might be the best family viewing of Christmas 2022

joannapiano Thu 22-Dec-22 21:15:49

I enjoyed it and they seemed nice people. I admire Penny Stewart as she regularly does shifts as a Special for the Met Police.

BlueBelle Thu 22-Dec-22 21:08:36

Sorry I thought it was really cringy