Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Help sourcing origami paper

(10 Posts)
Wishes Tue 28-Nov-23 14:04:05

My latest jewellery project is making tiny origami earrings.
I purchased some lovely washi scraps which came from Canada and found the few thinner ones in there worked better for miniature models.

My question is, is there anyone who does origami and knows where to purchase thinner origami papers?

I've researched online but sellers don't put the gsm.

flump Tue 28-Nov-23 15:00:12

I had a quick look on Hobbycraft and on the two papers I looked at, it is 80gsm.

toscalily Tue 28-Nov-23 15:36:45

There is quite a wide choice on Amazon, not all give the weight in the title description but it can sometimes be found in the full description below or, if you click on the small side images you can often see the weight printed on the packet.

Stansgran Tue 28-Nov-23 16:01:03

Liberty have some lovely origami paper.

Wishes Tue 28-Nov-23 19:26:04

Thank you for your replies.

Flump I am looking for a lower gsm than 80 but at least Hobbycraft put it on.

toscalily thanks for the tip

Stansgran off to check Liberties out smile

Mizuna Tue 28-Nov-23 19:47:24

I buy pads of origami paper from The Works. It's flimsy but is good for tiny projects.

BlueBelle Tue 28-Nov-23 19:58:51

Do you have a WORKS shops in your area they do packets and booklets of origami paper the booklets are really nice I think I’ve got some if you can’t find any locally happy to send you some

Wishes Tue 28-Nov-23 21:32:08

Thank you for your kind offer BlueBelle, I do have a local Works. I couldn't see it online so I'll pop in and have a look.

grannyactivist Tue 28-Nov-23 21:44:05

Hello Wishes. One of my sons was very keen on origami when he was younger (predictably he’s now an engineer 👷‍♀️). This shop (link below) has a variety of origami papers and an email address where they are very responsive to queries.
www.roze.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=411&sp=411&language=en¤cy=GBP&ab=b0013&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAvJarBhA1EiwAGgZl0MtSaHQv4C8heikbGB3dVQBc5olyvO7mBCtKacrDouDPy7ZdDcBxQRoC9ZIQAvD_BwE

Wishes Fri 01-Dec-23 17:23:19

Thank you that looks a great site. I have emailed them and am waiting a reply.