Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Swampy Mk II - my 2nd Anxiousaurus 🦖

(14 Posts)
Witzend Sat 24-Feb-24 12:22:41

They haven’t made much of a dent in my stash of greens, but heigh ho.
He will be off to his worry-eating job soon.

Georgesgran Sat 24-Feb-24 13:32:17

He’s lovely!

SeaWoozle Tue 05-Mar-24 23:00:42

Oh wow, he's gorgeous. Lucky owner! 🥰

Grannybags Tue 05-Mar-24 23:01:42

Another masterpiece!

He’s lovely

Whiff Wed 06-Mar-24 06:14:10

Witzend your toys always have their own personality. One of my craft group friends knits toys to give to bereaved children the firm favourite is a very soft teddy with closed eyes . Facial features are always sewn so safe for the smallest child. She has been asked to make 50.

Purplepixie Wed 06-Mar-24 09:40:41

Oh I love it and such a great way to use up wool from the ever increasing stash. Lovely!

NotSpaghetti Wed 06-Mar-24 09:44:49

I like him a lot. Another one that looks just right for cuddles.

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 06-Mar-24 09:59:59

It looks as if he'd be very good at that job, Witzend: greatcoat.

Chocolatelovinggran Wed 06-Mar-24 10:00:33

Great work! ( darned auto correct)

Witzend Wed 06-Mar-24 10:13:41

Whiff

Witzend your toys always have their own personality. One of my craft group friends knits toys to give to bereaved children the firm favourite is a very soft teddy with closed eyes . Facial features are always sewn so safe for the smallest child. She has been asked to make 50.

Thank you everybody for kind comments. 🙂

Is that for a particular charity, Whiff? If so, I’ve got a mega-stash to use up!
I used to make little teds for Knit for Peace - a very easy pattern* on the website, knitted all in one piece. But since the first lockdown my efforts have all gone to Knit for Nowt.

*the only trouble with that pattern, was that the eyes and nose were embroidered in, and it was very difficult (for me anyway) to fasten off the darker yarn securely without it showing. So I’d fasten off at its neck, and then knit a colourful little scarf (cast on about 50, cast off) and sew it on.

Whiff Wed 06-Mar-24 10:59:23

Witzend it is but don't know which one I will ask her on our what's app group but I will see her tomorrow at our craft group. She has made different toys for them but the teddy's are the favourite. I will see if she will post a picture of her teddy them I can post it here and the pattern.

Whiff Thu 07-Mar-24 17:12:50

My friend knits and crochet . The things she does just goes to the bereavement centre at local hospitals.
These are the patterns you should be able to track them down on line.

Witzend Mon 11-Mar-24 19:50:22

Thank you, Whiff.

Esmay Mon 11-Mar-24 20:01:03

Totally brilliant .

I'm wondering if I dare attempt a simple baby blanket at the moment !
If I do it will be in stocking stitch with intarsia .
My excuse - I'm busy doing other craft projects !