Not sure if this is the right place but I'm relying on the wealth of knowledge here GS-netters!
I inherited a glass bowl from my mum when she passed. I seem to recall it may have been a wedding present when my parent's married in 1946 but I can't verify this.
It isn't worth anything as it had three glass legs but two are chipped so I use it a a fruit bowl.
I wash it occasionally and the other day the silver trim came off in the water. I don't think this is solid silver because it has never tarnished.
The cement/glue inside was flaking away and I realised it needed removing before re-sticking.
I'm just wondering what sortof glue I should use to put it back, and also how to best get rid of the remaining glue- which I suspect may have been there for eighty years!
Hoping someone can give me some good advice!
Thousands of prisoners to be released, starting from today.
UAE threatening Burnham over Man City


. Try locktite glass glue. A Google search says a good soaking of vinegar or WD40 removes old glue and probably with a bit of old fashioned elbow grease.