Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Sewing Bee 2026

(211 Posts)
PiscesLady Wed 17-Jun-26 19:40:24

Starts on 28th July. Let's hope it's a good one!

Luckygirl3 Wed 29-Jul-26 12:31:32

Patrick was quite critical of one garment which was un-hemmed and yet the garment of the week wasn’t hemmed. It was a stunning dress I’ll admit but still wasn’t finished.

That was exactly what I thought too.

Visgir1 Wed 29-Jul-26 12:09:21

I liked the shopping bag dress best too. It was all a bit poor last night.

I agree about the Gay girl going on & on about her Wedding is irritating, no one cares, but I reckon she will make a wedding dress before the end of the series.

Grandmabatty Wed 29-Jul-26 09:49:31

I wondered if the garment of the week wasn't hemmed deliberately. I liked it but preferred the shopping bag dress. Definitely the right person went home

Beechnut Wed 29-Jul-26 09:45:25

I was disappointed that shopping bag dress didn’t win.

BlueBelle Wed 29-Jul-26 07:25:56

Some awful things made last night. I m afraid the gay girl annoys me she keeps going on about her wedding dress as if no one else has ever had one
Afraid this time round I think all the men are weak
I think the right person went home
I liked the garment made out of the shopping bags best I think the one that won was because she made the material herself which was really beautiful.

Astitchintime Wed 29-Jul-26 07:12:35

tabbie

Most of the hems were unfinished and looked like they'd been chewed up in the sewing machine.

Patrick was quite critical of one garment which was un-hemmed and yet the garment of the week wasn’t hemmed. I was a stunning dress I’ll admit but still wasn’t finished.

tabbie Wed 29-Jul-26 00:54:27

Most of the hems were unfinished and looked like they'd been chewed up in the sewing machine.

rubysong Wed 29-Jul-26 00:36:13

I agree Astitchintime. I can't believe there was no-one there who knew 'guide ropes' was wrong. That irritated me.

Astitchintime Tue 28-Jul-26 21:08:56

And tents have GUY ROPES!!!

MawsRosie Tue 28-Jul-26 20:59:59

Oh dear! Some weird and wonderful ideas tonight and hopelessly unfinished garments.
I’m not sure it necessarily reflects sewing skill

Grannybags Fri 24-Jul-26 15:49:42

I’m enjoying it too. No one is annoying me yet!
A lot of talent on show

PiscesLady Fri 24-Jul-26 15:07:23

I have managed to catch up at last. (DH playing golf today). I'm really enjoying this series, in the past I have found one or two contestants really annoying but this time I like all of them.
I can sew but I don't have the imagination that they have, especially for the transformations - I try to think what I would do and come up with zilch!

Grandmabatty Thu 23-Jul-26 16:47:59

I agree with many of you. The quality of the sewers is fantastic. I agree with those who have gone home but it's been enjoyable so far

M0nica Thu 23-Jul-26 15:11:09

Knitter43

I think this year's series is the best yet, there's some real talent there. I loved the garment of the week and thought it the right choice. I also like Sophie, she adds just the right touch without being over the top.

I absolutely agree. DD and I chat on the phone after each episode and we were both saying the same thing, That this year's selection of contestants is one of the best balanced we have seen and the new presenter is perfect.

Knitter43 Thu 23-Jul-26 11:06:13

I think this year's series is the best yet, there's some real talent there. I loved the garment of the week and thought it the right choice. I also like Sophie, she adds just the right touch without being over the top.

Shirleyw Wed 22-Jul-26 19:31:08

I’m enjoying it, some good sewers .

Calendargirl Wed 22-Jul-26 13:39:04

Don’t think either of the two remaining men will last long.

(I think there are only two left).

JenniRen Wed 22-Jul-26 11:00:08

I missed the first episode, last night's was enjoyable although I thought the one who left had actually redeemed themselves in the final challenge but alas, it wasn't enough.

The transformations are my least favourite part as many of the old garments etc would probably be better shredded as rags and the resulting garments often unwearable.

LauraNorderr Tue 21-Jul-26 22:08:06

I liked both the two tone pink and the blue striped one. There are some excellent seamsters again this year.
I can’t sew for toffee but really enjoy watching others create their masterpieces. I’m in awe.

ixion Tue 21-Jul-26 21:20:22

I liked Rebecca's (?) two-tone pink dress with the double godets. Unfussy and really nicely (to me, not Esme!) sewn.

Potential winners and losers coming to the fore already

Millie22 Tue 21-Jul-26 21:18:53

I really liked Beth's dress and would have chosen that as GOTW.

aggie Tue 21-Jul-26 20:59:20

I was , didn’t like garment of the week

LauraNorderr Tue 21-Jul-26 20:47:12

Only just come home from a long weekend in beautiful Anglesey. Will have to watch on catchup, thanks for reminding me ixion

ixion Tue 21-Jul-26 20:38:17

Anyone watching tonight?

Sarnia Sat 18-Jul-26 13:35:25

Cossy

Sarnia

Now school pick-ups are on the back burner for 6 weeks I managed to catch up with Sewing Bee. I have always loved both judges but not always the presenter. However, I think Sophie Willan pitches it just right. Looks like an excellent bunch who make me wish I could sew.

Oh I “sew” agree 🤣🤣

grin
My Primary School teacher told me when I was 8 that I held a needle like a cow with a poker. Put me off sewing for life but I am in awe of those who can sew.