Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Sewing Bee 2026

(211 Posts)
PiscesLady Wed 17-Jun-26 19:40:24

Starts on 28th July. Let's hope it's a good one!

Cossy Sat 18-Jul-26 13:09:44

Sarnia

Now school pick-ups are on the back burner for 6 weeks I managed to catch up with Sewing Bee. I have always loved both judges but not always the presenter. However, I think Sophie Willan pitches it just right. Looks like an excellent bunch who make me wish I could sew.

Oh I “sew” agree 🤣🤣

Cossy Sat 18-Jul-26 13:07:41

I’ve popped over as didn’t see this one, I started another thread!

Cannot sew to save my life, love this show!

Just watched ep 1, series 12!

In awe of all on both the TV and on here who can sew!

Amazing!

Magenta8 Sat 18-Jul-26 11:27:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sarnia Sat 18-Jul-26 10:36:38

Now school pick-ups are on the back burner for 6 weeks I managed to catch up with Sewing Bee. I have always loved both judges but not always the presenter. However, I think Sophie Willan pitches it just right. Looks like an excellent bunch who make me wish I could sew.

Wheniwasyourage Fri 17-Jul-26 14:41:21

Glad to see it back as we always enjoy it, even though neither of us can sew. Obviously I'm in the minority, but I liked Sara Pascoe!

watermeadow Fri 17-Jul-26 13:11:30

I thoroughly enjoyed the Sewing Bee’s return. As always I’m amazed how well the very young contestants sew.
I don’t think enough time is given for Garment of the Week. There is such pressure to complete the garments and very often they are spoiled or left unfinished. I’d rather see items judged when finished. Speed is not the most important requirement when making anything.

M0nica Fri 17-Jul-26 09:09:13

I was thankful this comedian wasn't being funny, or did I not realise she was being funny? I just found her bouncy exuberance right for the job.

NanKate Fri 17-Jul-26 09:02:19

Visgirl just seen your comment about you enjoying the new presenter. I think I am old fashioned and don’t like modern humour much. Glad you find her funny. 👍

NanKate Fri 17-Jul-26 09:00:06

Love the show but why do they have to have a comedian presenter, I hoped she be better than the Sarah P but sadly she isn’t in my opinion.

I wish they would make a dress for me.

Visgir1 Wed 15-Jul-26 17:27:15

Watched it on catch up this after. Good mixed bunch this year. A couple already showing some real promise. The lady who went home was brave, especially as she had reduced sight.
Sophie is always a joy to watch, good call getting her.

DamaskRose Wed 15-Jul-26 17:10:26

Looking forward to it. 😊

M0nica Wed 15-Jul-26 17:04:02

At least this year's comedian doesn't try to be funny - and all the better for it. She just bounces around and acts cheerful. That will do.

Great first episode, interesting group of people, 2 outstanding competitors and even the person thrown out realised she was the one that would be going.

Chardy Wed 15-Jul-26 13:01:29

Luckygirl3

I liked the dress with the red piping .... can't remember whose it was.

Piping woman was Heather. She also matched up the pattern on a very busy fabric beautifully round the zip, and that didn't get a mention or was edited out.
Some dress hems were a bit iffy -again no mention

NotAGran55 Wed 15-Jul-26 06:40:57

Some very talented sewists this year, and I really liked Sophie Willan.

Luckygirl3 Tue 14-Jul-26 23:58:33

I liked the dress with the red piping .... can't remember whose it was.

LauraNorderr Tue 14-Jul-26 22:26:45

Very enjoyable hour. Several very talented people who sew (sewers doesn’t seem nice) with lovely ideas and imagination.
I think the right person went home although I do wish that there were no leavers in week one.
It must take while to settle in and some tasks will suit some more than others.
The garment of the week was very clever, beautifully sewn with lovely colourful, appropriate fabric although personally I loved the harem pants and bikini top the best.
The hat box made from aprons was wonderful.

Graphite Tue 14-Jul-26 22:11:34

Obvious frontrunners are Anna, Beth and Emma but as we know from past series the eventual winner can come from the middle of pack as one bad week and you’re gone. Some lovely garments in the pattern challenge and so well fitted. A very promising start.

MollyNew Tue 14-Jul-26 22:05:08

I really enjoyed tonight's show. Some very talented sewers and I liked Sophie Willan's presenting style.

BlueBelle Tue 14-Jul-26 21:48:58

Got to rewatch as fell fast asleep after the shorts

ferry23 Tue 14-Jul-26 21:33:56

Good start, not so much of the wacky and weird this year, hope they continue to concentrate a bit more on the sewing skills.

And by the way, I'm not watching the football 😉😉

Luckygirl3 Tue 14-Jul-26 21:16:44

Some good sewers. And I like the new presenter .... a bit of fun and humour without it being obtrusive.

Calendargirl Tue 14-Jul-26 21:14:41

I thought it was a good first episode.

Can already see two or three really promising sewers.

(This from someone who finds sewing a button on troublesome).

PiscesLady Tue 14-Jul-26 21:03:54

I'm recording, I prefer to watch when on my own, so will have to wait until DH is otherwise occupied 😕

Millie22 Tue 14-Jul-26 20:43:14

I'm watching!

Chardy Tue 14-Jul-26 19:36:55

25minute countdown until new Sewing Bee