Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Sewing Bee 2026

(211 Posts)
PiscesLady Wed 17-Jun-26 19:40:24

Starts on 28th July. Let's hope it's a good one!

petra Tue 07-Jul-26 20:43:23

I love Sophie Willian’s acting. She’s also very funny.
I think this piece from Almas Not Normal is one of her best performances, and oh so true.

www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2874090806104426

petra Tue 07-Jul-26 20:34:15

monami

Prefer a good night out rather than watching people see, 🥱🥱

Did you think anyone would be interested in this pointless post 🤷‍♀️

PiscesLady Tue 07-Jul-26 20:27:47

Thank you Shysal I didn't look as far as Wednesday!

shysal Tue 07-Jul-26 12:44:37

The first show is billed in my new TV magazine on Tuesday 14th and also Wednesday 15th, at 8pm, depending on the football. I have set it to record on both days to make sure I catch it.

PiscesLady Tue 07-Jul-26 12:37:05

I think I've sussed it! If no football on BBC One it will be on at 8pm. Otherwise who knows ?!

PiscesLady Tue 07-Jul-26 12:20:52

My Radio Times arrived today. Sewing Bee is listed as starting on Tuesday 14th at 8pm. I can't get my head round the football/no football (it's a World Cup semi-final day) so I am back to 'wait and see'! Looking forward to it whenever it starts!

BlueBelle Tue 23-Jun-26 07:04:39

None of the so called funny people do it for me they are all surplus to requirements the same as the pottery and cooking programmes They just are not needed and are very irritating

So glad you let us know you won’t be watching monami that had been worrying me 🙄

Allsorts Tue 23-Jun-26 06:32:18

Love the programme but can’t stand SaraPascoe, she just is not funny just very odd and slightly weird.

ClicketyClick Tue 23-Jun-26 06:20:15

Love this programme and so glad the very unfunny Sarah Pascoe has gone. I too loved Joe Lycett and Claudia Winkleman.

LauraNorderr Sun 21-Jun-26 14:58:14

Another fan of Joe Lycett here. I thought he was warm and amusing with the ability to put the contestants at ease, leaving the ones in the know to critique with honesty.

lizzypopbottle Sat 20-Jun-26 20:05:14

MayBee70 I agree about the so called comedy. It's so wooden 🤔

petra Sat 20-Jun-26 09:01:02

NanKate

Excellent I love the Show.

Also they have someone called Sophie Willian instead of Sara Pascoe, who never made me laugh, to add the humour. To be honest I think the two professionals can host the show on their own. I think my views may vary from others.

someone called Sophie Willian is a BAFTA award winning actress / comedian.
Watch her in Alma’s not normal.

Dontcallmelove Sat 20-Jun-26 09:00:00

Joe Lycett was the best host. And I preferred the woman who Esme replaced, I can’t remember her name. But I will still watch and learn!

honeyrose Sat 20-Jun-26 08:50:14

I love the Sewing Bee. Thank goodness no Sara Pascoe this time - unfunny and unnecessary.

MayBee70 Sat 20-Jun-26 00:32:17

I don’t actually watch Sewing Bee although I do dip into it occasionally ( do like it when I do catch it). But I don’t understand why they have to try to inject humour into these programmes. It’s the same with Interior Design Masters with Alan Carr.

NanKate Fri 19-Jun-26 20:31:09

Thank you Laura for being honest with me 😀

Emeraldforest Fri 19-Jun-26 14:36:05

It's my favourite and no doubt I will watch it over and over again.
I know TV is exciting now for sports fans and I don't resent it at all but sewing is very important to me...can't wait.

Athrawes Fri 19-Jun-26 10:41:55

Thanks for letting us know. I'm not a good sewer but I do enjoy watching it on television

monami Fri 19-Jun-26 09:49:15

Prefer a good night out rather than watching people see, 🥱🥱

PiscesLady Fri 19-Jun-26 00:00:42

That's interesting Kitty A search on Google came up with both dates in July, Tuesday 28th and Tuesday 15th. Except the 15th is a Wednesday!
We will have to wait and see.
Didn't Sophie Willan present the Celebrity Christmas show?

WithNobsOnIt Thu 18-Jun-26 18:58:56

Goody gum drops. Love this show
Be good to see after weeks of the World Cup and the mandatory Wimbledon overkill.

Don't think that Sophie Willan is going to set the world on fire anytime soon. I loved Joe Lycett and really miss him

I do agree that Patrick and Esme are good fun and really know their stuff.
Patrick is still looking handsome and Esme is always very smart.

Bring it on.

Kitty55 Thu 18-Jun-26 18:44:20

The Sewing Bee: I’ve read it starts Tuesday 15 July BBC1 at 9pm.

Wyllow3 Thu 18-Jun-26 17:41:42

Grannybags

Ooh thanks for that. I’ll make a note in my diary!

yay!

LauraNorderr Thu 18-Jun-26 17:41:34

Oooh lovely. One of my favourite programmes. Patrick and Esmay are wonderful, they know their stuff.
I’m inclined to agree with NanKate about Sara Pascoe, to be honest I’m not too keen either.

emilie Thu 18-Jun-26 17:36:35

NanKate

Excellent I love the Show.

Also they have someone called Sophie Willian instead of Sara Pascoe, who never made me laugh, to add the humour. To be honest I think the two professionals can host the show on their own. I think my views may vary from others.

Are you not usually honest?