Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

How many Grandads do we have?

(715 Posts)
Magsie Mon 23-May-11 16:49:05

How many Grandads do we have and are they happy to be asked things? Step forward lads!

janerowena Wed 23-Apr-14 11:14:31

ooh! I was over that way the weekend before last, my OH was competing at the athletics track at the Uni.

I'm glad there are some grandads out there, to get a different viewpoint at times.

Roderick Wed 23-Apr-14 11:07:11

I am a grandad/great grandad in Loughborough

geeljay Tue 22-Apr-14 23:40:36

I recently joined and tend to have a nose around each evening. Don't always make any entries, but interested in what you say. OH is baking a cake so this is a solo trip.

Gally Tue 21-Jan-14 20:46:46

Where is Pompa? I think he was one of the first 'Grandads' on GN? Has anyone had any news of him?

Roderick Tue 21-Jan-14 18:57:51

I am a grandad,even a great grandad and I welcome any questions

gracesmum Sat 02-Nov-13 18:54:38

The chaps haven't been much in evidence recently so welcome Grandads. Nice to have someone to deal with the spiders/wonky shelves/putting the bins out grin Just joking!!!!

Enviousamerican Sat 02-Nov-13 03:40:19

I'm around late! Definately a different time zone for me! smile

Granny23 Sat 02-Nov-13 03:22:45

Welcome on board BPJ. Are you a Nightowl, an Insomniac or perhaps posting from a different time zone?

BPJ Sat 02-Nov-13 02:47:37

I'm one as well to seven, oldest twenty four youngest eleven months

Aka Fri 04-Oct-13 11:38:25

Welcome Berdie smile

annodomini Fri 04-Oct-13 11:36:54

You're very welcome, berdie. smile

berdie Fri 04-Oct-13 11:12:58

Hi, I hear you are looking for Grandads, can I be of any use? smile

Ella46 Sun 16-Jun-13 10:09:24

simtib I can just imagine! grin

All welcome here.

simtib Sun 16-Jun-13 04:03:57

I am a granddad and was not put of by the gransnet name. I did debate about wearing a dress when going on this site, but as I realised that you could not see me and a few other reasons, I decided not to bother.

Gorki Sat 15-Jun-13 11:52:22

You are very welcome crazy. I am sure you will have some interesting points of view to share with us.

annodomini Sat 15-Jun-13 11:46:36

Hi crazy - of course you're welcome. I am sure you will find common ground with us, even if it doesn't involve grandchildren. smile

crazycyclists Sat 15-Jun-13 11:34:11

I`m not a Granddad and I`ve never been married either, but I`m old, will I be welcome here?

Ariadne Mon 08-Apr-13 19:34:39

Robert have you met frank?

wiredretired Mon 08-Apr-13 19:00:03

Hi, Papa-Davy here. Not a new Granddad, been one for 15 years ( hey spellchecker included eh?) but am a new one for 3rd time now. I'm officially retired now and can offer help to those who may have difficulty in using a computer; the internet; anti-virus & anti-malware; hardware & software and general things like what to buy and where to buy it etc.

Elegran Mon 08-Apr-13 17:25:40

Change the name, WD46 and the whole kit and caboodle would have to be relaunched so that the new name became universally known. When organisations go in for a name change it is often followed by a total collapse which takes a long time to recuperate from. It is not just the members who know it as Gransnet, it is also all the advertisers, suppliers, newspapers and magazines, tax collectors, cake suppliers, everyone.

Gran is a the first syllable of Grandfather as well as Grandmother. If that is your only reason for not joining, then you are missing a valuable resouirce, and a lot of fun.

dgcarter Mon 08-Apr-13 16:38:49

I'm a grandad

WD46 Mon 08-Apr-13 14:24:20

There are probably not many grandads making themselves known as probably not many have joined. I myself was put off by the name of the site which implies Grannies only. Change your name and you might get more grandads.

KenBallytrim Mon 08-Apr-13 13:41:16

I'm a grandad AND I LOVE IT!

Just ask, what I don't know I'll make up in true Granda fashion - but I'll do me best to help when I can.
14 yr old coeliac and type one diabetic granddaughter, (my son's daughter)
3 yr old very smart and active grandson (my daughter's son)

ps Wed 03-Apr-13 23:05:23

Well here's another one.
I am grandad to two little girls of 5 & 2, sisters, and their mother is my daughter, my firstborn. Son in law is a doting father.
The girls, or rather thoughts of them have pulled me through some very dark moments over the last five months and I am indebted for them being there in order to feature in my thoughts.
I believe in unconditional love and hope the girls know or will come to know that no matter what the problem grandad will always understand and will be a place they can always run to if necessary. Daughter chastises me for letting them get away with things I would never have allowed her to but I feel that is grandads perogative.

Ella46 Wed 27-Mar-13 16:46:25

Welcome, Greymuzzle and Robertjunior, we need more Granddads on here smile