Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Has anyone seen Mrs Brown's Boys

(62 Posts)
cheelu Sat 12-Jan-13 22:11:11

Its hilarious and on BBC Saturday nights Trust me you will laugh--get a clip to watch from google--I dont know how to add a link..

Smoluski Tue 15-Jan-13 17:02:17

Love it ,and it follows Miranda,who has grown on me,xxx

Elsie10 Tue 15-Jan-13 16:55:35

I think it is one of the funniest comedy programmes on TV at the moment - always makes me laugh. (husband can't stand it!)

Anne58 Tue 15-Jan-13 08:47:03

That's a bit of a moot point, Nfk some people think it is, others think that it's not and is therefore ok to use!

NfkDumpling Tue 15-Jan-13 07:34:33

Oh - is feck just Irish for 'f**k?

POGS Tue 15-Jan-13 00:20:11

I enjoy it. It is adult humour I know but I love it. It's pure farce and they look like they are having great fun making the show.

Anne58 Mon 14-Jan-13 23:19:00

"She" uses the Irish word "feck" on some occasions, but most certainly uses the other version as much, if not more so.

Marelli Mon 14-Jan-13 16:24:59

And she always has a little something to say at the end of the programme - a wee moral to the story! I think you may be right, petallus, maybe she doesn't actually say the 'f' word. I'll listen out for it tonight. grin

petallus Mon 14-Jan-13 09:20:21

I laugh out loud as well. Actually i don't think She says the F word, just an approximation.

Mrs Brown seems such a cosy safe sort of personality. Reminds me of women who were around in my childhood.

Ariadne Mon 14-Jan-13 09:06:38

Exactly, Gilly! Just what is needed sometimes.

NfkDumpling Mon 14-Jan-13 06:58:57

Love Marmite. Can't stand Mrs Brown.

vampirequeen Mon 14-Jan-13 06:00:08

I adore it. Makes me scream with laughter. Winnie's sex obsession makes me howl.

gillybob Sun 13-Jan-13 23:14:48

The fact that it is so "pantomimic and undemanding" is why I like it Ariadne . I know it's not to everyone's taste but it makes me laugh.

Yes I agree cheelu a good laugh does you the work of good ! smile

cheelu Sun 13-Jan-13 20:54:42

oh yeah me too gillybob, I loved it when the camera man broke a window!!, it really is like taking a pill to heal all when I watch it.....

Ariadne Sun 13-Jan-13 20:54:08

It is totally pantomimic, undemanding and crude. But I like it! No intellectual processes involved, because it is so unreal!

gillybob Sun 13-Jan-13 20:06:49

It makes me laugh out loud too cheelu but there again I do like that kind of "simple, silly" humour. I love the fact that things often go wrong with props falling over and the camera man popping into shot every now and again. I would thoroughly enjoy watching one of the live recordings which I could imagine would be a scream. My husband hates it by the way, but there again he is a man with - an almost non existent a complicated sense of humour. [ grin]

marsco Sun 13-Jan-13 19:41:41

Yes Buster is the son.

Marelli Sun 13-Jan-13 18:15:04

And is one of the boys not his son? Is it Buster?

marsco Sun 13-Jan-13 18:12:35

Winnie who plays Mrs Browns friend is his sister in real life.

merlotgran Sun 13-Jan-13 17:44:35

I didn't realise the woman who plays the daughter is Brendan O'Carroll's wife. That explains why there is such good chemistry between them.

marsco Sun 13-Jan-13 17:36:32

No Ella not a first . thought i better make an effort re the Burns Lunch i will be attending on the 25th, looking forward to meeting everyone again .

Marelli Sun 13-Jan-13 17:32:03

marsco - Head Lurker indeed! It was you who told me about Mrs Brown's Boys - you couldn't believe I'd never watched it! grin
Mrs Brown reminds me of my late mother-in-law.....same cardigans, same knickers, same way of walking about clutching a tea towel. Old J didn't swear though wink but she did have a very risque sense of humour wink.

Ella46 Sun 13-Jan-13 17:19:36

marsco Is this a first? I thought you were Head Lurker? grin

marsco Sun 13-Jan-13 17:10:37

Definately not canned laughter Nelliemoser, i went to Glasgow last year where they made the last series. Tickets were free and we spent almost 4
hrs there just for them to make one episode.We had a great time never stopped laughing. Most of the cast are related, great viewing,hilarious.

Ella46 Sun 13-Jan-13 15:18:36

cheelu grin Relax!

glammanana Sun 13-Jan-13 15:13:14

I class my self as very intelligent ( a bit dizzy blonde sometimes) but I find Mrs Brown's boys very funny it gives a bit of light relief but I appreciate the fact that it is not to everyones taste,there was a recording of the programme in Liverpool just before Christmas and the tickets had been sold out since August so very popular indeed.