Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Plants for my 'glass corridor'

(4 Posts)
kittylester Sat 31-Aug-13 17:55:56

Don't think I haven't thought of that Mishap grin

Whitewave. we don't really want to provide shade as we get loads of light onto the landing and into our new 'playroom'.

Mishap Sat 31-Aug-13 17:52:23

A relative just gave me a very nice large orchid - it is made of silk! Perhaps this might do!

whitewave Sat 31-Aug-13 15:48:19

You will really need to give your plants some shade as very few can survive in the full sun. Fluctuating temperatures are not such an issue really as think of how much the temperature differs in some countries, between night and day. Once you can provide shade I think that you will find there are quite a few plants you can grow.

kittylester Sat 31-Aug-13 15:11:11

Our house has a sort of conservatory upstairs, which was put in when the upper floor was created and which joins the front half to the back half - a sort of glass corridor. It is, therefore, very light and sunny and we have a couple of wicker chairs there but it can be subject to big temperature variations. What house plants will do well in that situation?

Up to now we have had cacti and succulents but feel we'd like more colour. I have orchids which don't last all that long and a couple of Crown of Thorns. I've also got a money plant - which isn't working. sad

Any more suggestions gratefully received sunshineflowers