Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Breakfast?

(62 Posts)
Riverwalk Thu 14-Nov-13 11:09:25

I have eggs every day - this morning two fried in a splash of olive oil, couple of anchovies on top, toast and coffee.

I like talking food ... might explain why I'm a stone overweight!

marinamagic Sat 16-Nov-13 14:49:36

porridge with salt, Actimel, apple or pear, handfull of blueberries and two cups of Earl Grey black tea. I have had this for the last 15 years !!!!!

Riverwalk Sat 16-Nov-13 09:57:23

Susieb that's my idea of breakfast!

Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, toast & coffee for me today, followed by a one hour brisk park walk in the glorious sunshine smile

Grannyknot Sat 16-Nov-13 08:13:30

That's jam or marmalade ... not both at once!

Grannyknot Sat 16-Nov-13 08:13:08

Tea and toast with jam and marmalade in bed in the morning (taking turns to make depending on who wakes up first), accompanied by a chat about our day or anything else that might need discussing smile

feetlebaum Fri 15-Nov-13 22:26:26

I mix a couple of cereals (Fruit & Fibre with Special K Red Berries) and often add a piece of fruit - a banana cut up, or this morning a sliced pear...
Sometimes it's buttered toast with Gentleman's Relish - sometimes it's both...

susieb755 Fri 15-Nov-13 21:55:11

I used to have cereal and toast , but since doing slimming world have grilled tomatoes, lean bacon, mushrooms and egg every day - four stone lighter....weird smile

Ana Fri 15-Nov-13 21:49:46

Thanks, sook, will have a look.

Sook Fri 15-Nov-13 21:47:57

number Ana I love Lemon curd it is available in most supermarkets. I buy mine from a local business which produces chutneys, curds and jams. When I'm in the mood I make my own in the microwave it's easy peasy.

Check out the recipe page I think you may find there is a recipe for Lemon curd

Ana Fri 15-Nov-13 21:19:19

Lemon curd! Haven't had that for years - do you make your own, number, or can you still buy it?

numberplease Fri 15-Nov-13 21:04:48

Don`t eat much in the morning, a lemon curd butty, or some buttered cream crackers, and black coffee.

Gally Fri 15-Nov-13 18:15:53

Thanks Agus - there you go Bags a lovely day trip to Hillington for your comestibles!!

Oldgreymare Fri 15-Nov-13 18:12:20

Just where the M32 reaches the city, and it's off a roundabout.

Ariadne Fri 15-Nov-13 17:24:48

Grannylin there's an IKEA at Cribbs Causeway or thereabouts, I think. Galen isn't there?

Agus Fri 15-Nov-13 15:54:26

Gally. There is an Ikea in Glasgow. It's in Hillington, near Braehead Shopping Centre off the M8.

I love the marmalade, the meatballs and sauce served with lingonberry jam.

Breakfast is porridge with a touch of cinnamon, pain au chocolat or croissants ( I buy these frozen from Waitrose) with marmalade/apricot jam.

ginggran Fri 15-Nov-13 15:05:36

Bacon,sausage,egg,mushroom,tomato with lots of buttered toast,,,that's my dream breakfast..but I settle for porridge and stewed apple.Ah well dreams are important..

granjura Fri 15-Nov-13 14:13:31

Porridge, with large oats (lower GI), water and a little milk with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar- always.

penguinpaperback Fri 15-Nov-13 11:28:18

I never have much of an appetite on waking, my breakfast, all year round is one Weetabix with semi skimmed milk and a cup of Assam. A banana and a 2nd cup of Assam mid morning.

suzz Fri 15-Nov-13 11:05:56

I have small portion of porridge (made with milk - de-test it made with water yuk) and a slice of wholemeal toast with butter (has to be butter on toast can't stand spread stuff) very fussy eater me thinks wink

Grannylin Fri 15-Nov-13 10:44:07

I have a freshly laid egg, toast and strong black coffee.I've never been to Ikea either, there isn't one from Bristol to Land's End!

Elegran Fri 15-Nov-13 09:40:54

Goes with them. They have not yet taught the meatballs and sauce to hoe.
Give them time, you can buy just about everything else in Ikea.

Elegran Fri 15-Nov-13 09:39:35

If I had a car and could drive it, I would get in a stock of Ikea marmalade before December 1st, Thatbags At the same time I would stock up on their chocolate - I love it. They sell the same Swedish meatballs that are served in their cafe too, and sachets of the cream sauce that hoes with them.

I don't dare walk right round or I would come home with a car full of things I don't really need.

Ariadne Fri 15-Nov-13 09:27:33

I love a wander through IKEA, but always compare it to the airport experience - the experience is good, but the bits before and after you board drive you insane!

Breakfast - proper coffee (loathe and detest instant) a banana and a bran breakfast biscuit. Quite enough. I sometimes have something cooked when we're in a hotel, though as I'm vegetarian it's a bit limited. If I do have a cooked breakfast, I don't have lunch.

thatbags Fri 15-Nov-13 09:20:53

Yay! You's the right sort of friend to have, gally me dear! flowers

Gally Fri 15-Nov-13 09:19:05

I love Ikea. It's ok so long as you all go in the same direction. Last time I just went into the out and picked up the marmalade and other edibles at the foodie bit and dispensed with the whole shopping experience grin. Tell you wot Bags next time we meet (? next spring) I will bring a jar for you to sample.

MiceElf Fri 15-Nov-13 09:19:00

The online that is
Not
The archery