Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cheaper motor insurance?

(6 Posts)
Grummy Thu 21-Nov-13 22:28:44

Thanks for all your input, some good ideas there, will contact those companies and see what they can offer.

FlicketyB Thu 21-Nov-13 21:07:18

Grummy Speak to the AA or Kwikfit. They are both brokers rather than insurance company and they shop the market for you to get a good quote They can be contacted by phone or online.

PRINTMISS Thu 21-Nov-13 15:01:11

Try L.V. we have very good insurance from them

JessM Thu 21-Nov-13 13:28:42

Admiral is quite good if you have more than one car in the family BUT check the rates they charge on phone calls - suspect this is where the profit is made...

Bez Thu 21-Nov-13 13:24:27

There should be companies out there who will give you a discount to get your business - have you tried speaking to a local broker? We did this when the cost for DS was very high for his first car and they were able to get him a cheaper rate. We use a broker - on line and telephone - for the van OH still has - let me know if you would like their name.

Grummy Thu 21-Nov-13 13:20:24

I pay £117 pm for motor insurance and was wondering if any of you can recommend a cheaper company. I have never claimed but because my car was my daughter's and has just become mine, I can't claim no claims for a discount so it seems I have to pay a higher price. Short of trawling the net and filling in hundreds of forms does anybody know of a cheaper company?