Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Am I imagining them?

(12 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Mon 17-Feb-14 23:33:29

Just looked at my profile page and notice that I have no grandchildren. 11 grandchildren seem an awful lot to have disappeared. Have tried to change and give number but it won't allow me. Help please.

janerowena Mon 17-Feb-14 23:42:40

The top bit says you haven't any, the bottom bit says you have - but I think you could afford to lose a few. Maybe gransnet are trying to be helpful? 11 is an awful lot of xmas presents. grin

Flowerofthewest Mon 17-Feb-14 23:49:28

Thanks Jan just knew I could count on you. grin bottom bit only says so because I entered details just now. And, yes it is an awful lot of presents. My profile picture shows the 'monster I have created' but there are another 5 to add to that picture.

Bellasnana Tue 18-Feb-14 04:57:32

My mum had eleven grandchildren. She used to donate money to a local home for disabled children every Christmas instead of buying presents. All her grandchildren knew and approved of this gesture.

grannyactivist Tue 18-Feb-14 13:38:58

The bit on the profile form where you fill in the details of your grandchildren is not user friendly and needs re-designing I think. Lots of people seem to 'lose' their granchildren when filling it in.

Elegran Tue 18-Feb-14 14:13:35

I've lost mine!

margaretm74 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:15:41

I only have three, you can send a couple to me if you like, I'll pay the postage (after half term though)

numberplease Tue 18-Feb-14 17:12:16

Mine disappeared ages ago!

Nonnie Tue 18-Feb-14 17:37:03

We would be happy to take any spare, we don't have many!

shysal Tue 18-Feb-14 17:42:39

Quite a few profiles state no grandchildren, then mention them below. It is a common problem. Needs sorting.

BlueBelle Tue 18-Feb-14 19:55:14

I tried to put mine in but they didn't stay there and I haven't got any according to GN

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 18-Feb-14 20:00:29

Hello, just to clarify we're not poaching/ignoring/denying anyone their grandchildren!
It's a tech glitch (poor tech, we do love to pass the buck) but they're aware of it so will hopefully be fixed soon. smile