Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Update on grandaughter

(24 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Sat 01-Mar-14 00:32:33

Wonderful to hear things are going in the right direction and that you are able to 'breathe' again xxxxx

Deedaa Fri 28-Feb-14 22:45:19

Good to hear you've been able to make some progress breeze at least you know the children are back on the radar! How lucky they are to have you looking out for them flowers

mollie Fri 28-Feb-14 16:20:51

That's heartening, more good news like that please. smile

rosequartz Fri 28-Feb-14 16:17:16

I hope everything continues to improve, the little ones' health and wellbeing are of paramount importance so thank goodness they have you and your son is now becoming more confident in his role as father.
Good luck

Penstemmon Fri 28-Feb-14 16:05:20

Glad to hear that action has proved productive. Long may the positive news continue.

glammanana Fri 28-Feb-14 15:03:19

breeze such good positive news flowers

Dragonfly1 Fri 28-Feb-14 14:26:15

What a wonderful mum and grandma you are, your son and grandchildren are very lucky to have you.

soop Fri 28-Feb-14 13:40:12

Big smile for you breeze. I couldn't be more pleased to learn that the wheels are turning. flowers

yogagran Fri 28-Feb-14 13:09:36

Thanks for the update breeze, brilliant news, well done to you and your son

harrigran Fri 28-Feb-14 12:54:07

That is great news breeze, hope her health improves quickly with the treatment flowers

Lona Fri 28-Feb-14 12:32:27

Well done breeze and thanks for keeping us informed.

Mishap Fri 28-Feb-14 12:29:26

Good news!

Anne58 Fri 28-Feb-14 12:15:08

Good news, every good wish that things will continue to improve.

annodomini Fri 28-Feb-14 12:08:50

So pleased for you, your son and granddaughter. I hope she will now be fully fit to enjoy starting school. x x x flowers

JessM Fri 28-Feb-14 11:12:14

Well done Breeze

J52 Fri 28-Feb-14 11:01:31

Wonderful news. There can only be improvements now. It seems that you have managed all this without any major upset. You must be wonderful grandparents for the little girls to have. Your care will have a positive impact for their whole lives. XX flowers

dustyangel Fri 28-Feb-14 10:50:53

I'm so glad to hear your news Breeze, I hope things keep improving for you, your son and your grandchildren. flowers

whenim64 Fri 28-Feb-14 10:45:55

That's good to hear, breeze. Thanks for letting us know. You sound much more confident now, too smile

BlueBelle Fri 28-Feb-14 10:30:40

Very happy to hear this news breeze just keep on keeping on and I m sure even 2 days a week of good food and baths will be a huge influence on her little life

gillybob Fri 28-Feb-14 10:29:49

That's excellent news Breeze thank you very much for the update. Sending you and your DGC a huge bunch of daffodil's (my DGD2 calls them happy yellow flowers) and lots and lots of sunshine

Marty Fri 28-Feb-14 10:23:15

So happy to read your message Breeze. I have been thinking of you and your little grandchildren. I do hope things improve now that the HV has an eye on them.

Agus Fri 28-Feb-14 10:11:58

So pleased to hear this breeze. The fact that your son is now more involved with her welfare will give both you and him some peace of mind and more importantly your GD should get the care she needs. Well done granny and thanks for letting us know the good news.

ffinnochio Fri 28-Feb-14 09:58:31

That good to hear breeze. I really hope all will continue to improve for your granddaughter. flowers

breeze Fri 28-Feb-14 09:49:21

Hi to all of you who gave such valuable advice on monday re my worries over my grandaughter's health. I was very upset and worried as you know. She saw GP this morning. He said he suspects it is a vitamin deficiency. He has prescribed antibiotic cream and a product to replace her usual Johnsons baby bath. He said more red meat in her diet. He will assess her again in a couple of months. He said the tests on a small child for vitamin deficiency are a bit traumatic, so won't go that route unless she does not improve or the sores and hair loss get worse.

My son also discovered that the HV 'was' alerted by the NHS after the Calpol incident and a HV 'did' visit! Kept that one quiet!

The doctor, after my son voiced concerns about her speech, is arranging for a HV to assess her.

So most things that can be resolved are being resolved.

And you should all be very proud of yourselves. As you gave me the confidence, to give my son the confidence to sort the problems out by letting us know he does have rights as a father, even though he wasn't married.

So a little girl has now had the help she needed thanks to you all. I am so grateful.

Best wishes to you all.