Living in Hazlemere, Surrey

MargaretWhittock Fri 07-Mar-14 12:38:42

Do any grans live in Hazlemere and if so, can you tell me what life is like there? My husband and I are currently thinking of a move there from London but realise we will have to make a lot of changes. I'd be interested to know if there are any cultural events, art classes, book groups etc but would love to hear about life there in general. confused

BAnanas Fri 07-Mar-14 14:49:33

Hi Margaret, I don't live there but it's got a really nice high street with lots of individual shops and cafes as well as a Waitrose. The countryside around it is very attractive being right on the edge of Surrey almost into Sussex. I believe it has a community hall that is used as a cinema and stages plays from time to time. It also has a good rail connection too. You probably know all that. It would tempt me as a possible place to live. Good luck in your search.

Elegran Fri 07-Mar-14 15:17:54

Are there any B & Bs where you could spend a weekend and look around?

MargaretWhittock Fri 07-Mar-14 16:50:52

Thanks for the above comments, have been having a look and it does seem like a lovely place … same problem as everywhere else at the minute: no one is selling property!