Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

difficult daughter

(12 Posts)
Tina27 Thu 10-Apr-14 04:58:05

Hi there I would like to hear from anyone who has been in similar situation. At fifteen years old my daughter didn't want the child she was pregnant with and after scan at fourteen weeks wanted to terminate the pregnancy. I offered to care for the child and did so for twenty months. Then my daughter turned eighteen and moved out abruptly and has since been truly horrible. My granddaughter was left in my care but im in a messy court battle with my daughter who is prepared to tell any lie possible. Somehow she can afford a solicitor and I am not sure I can

Nelliemoser Thu 10-Apr-14 05:26:56

Tina27 I suggest you re- post this in the morning,
Try this about 9am when more people will be up and about.

All you need to do to re post is to put the word "Bump" in "add comments" on the top right of the heading. It then appears on "last hour" where most people look first.

I am the lone GNer on here right now and planning to try to go back to sleep. If I don't see it there I will do it in the morning (if I remember).

There are a number of people on Gransnet who have experience of these sort of situations.

Tina27 Thu 10-Apr-14 07:33:56


DebnCreme Thu 10-Apr-14 08:21:16

A difficult situation for you but I am sure someone on here will be able to advise.

Aka Thu 10-Apr-14 08:27:14

Tina this is terrible. I am not in a position to offer any advice, but I hope others will. You might also want to post on a thread called 'Cut out of their lives' where there are grandparents in similar situations and who can offer you support. They are a lovely bunch.

ninathenana Thu 10-Apr-14 09:09:10

How sad, I really feel for you. Have you spoken to C.A. ? I hope things can be resolved.

Welcome to GN smile

Nonnie Thu 10-Apr-14 09:14:34

I truly sympathise. I know a woman who will lie and convince everyone that what she says is true even though she has no proof. I don't know the answer, sorry. flowers

FlicketyB Thu 10-Apr-14 17:59:09

Tina27 Have you visited your local Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB) to ask for help and advice? Look them up online or in your local telephone directory or ask at the local library.The CAB is really good at giving free help and advice on matters like this.

Penstemmon Thu 10-Apr-14 19:46:52

I would strongly recommend independent advice from a professional or trained person. Everyone has a particular situation and what is good in one circumstance may be wrong for another. The CAB is a good place to go as flickety says. Also family lawyers often offer a free initial consultation so worth finding out what help you may be entitled to. Is there a social worker involved? If so they may be able to give yo information about where to go for support and advice.

Good luck and I hope that you get the good advice you

Nonu Thu 10-Apr-14 20:08:10

Good advice from all above , let us know how things turn out .

Vesper Fri 11-Apr-14 07:45:35

So sorry Tina.

The court "battle" should not be between you & your daughter, but about the best interests of the child.

as Penstemmon says, you need Children's Services advice.
you also need to talk to these people:

Another organisation that may help is Coram's Children's Legal Centre.

Tina27 Fri 11-Apr-14 09:53:51

Thanks for all your help. Great advice and support
Really appreciate everyones comments