Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

not a gran, my daughter has no children

(21 Posts)
Silverfish Mon 14-Apr-14 09:36:28

ive just got 1 granddaughter and I love her to bits, my problem is that I have a horrible job, live alone and have no other life than my little one. I don't know what I did before I became a gran

MargaretX Sun 13-Apr-14 10:57:43

Welcome tooyoung like a lot of my friends I became a Gran in my 60s. My daughters had carreers - and still have them, and have produced 3 grandchildren between them.
I'm now facing not being much wanted as gran as my GCs are getting older and coming to see me is not top of their list of priorities.
GN has so much to offer, to discuss, there is something for everyone.
Hope you enjoy it

Deedaa Sat 12-Apr-14 23:25:36

Grandchildren are definitely not essential. Neither of my two oldest schoolfriends have had children - never mind grandchildren but we still have plenty in common, and they don't mind me forcing photos of my family on to them.

HollyDaze Sat 12-Apr-14 20:05:29

Hello tooyoungtobeold - I'm another newbie but I welcome you as well. I hope you enjoy posting and joining in all sorts of conversations smile

Flowerofthewest Sat 12-Apr-14 19:29:03

Welcome from me too. Lovely to meet you we are a lovely bunch.

BAnanas Sat 12-Apr-14 14:14:00

Welcome tooyoungtobeold I don't think it matters one iota that you are not a grandparent, there are plenty of threads on all sorts of topics unrelated to being a grandparent.

Oldgreymare Sat 12-Apr-14 12:20:49

Welcome from me too Tooyoung.... I echo Ariadne's post.

Ariadne Sat 12-Apr-14 12:14:08

Welcome, tooyoung! I hope you enjoy GN as much as we do; I've been here for quite a while and have found so much friendship, comfort, advice and laughs here.

Pittcity Sat 12-Apr-14 10:42:04

Welcome Tooyoung. I fall into the other camp having become a Grandma at 48.... I have been on GN for a year now and really love it as everyone is a "virtual" friend.

henetha Sat 12-Apr-14 10:41:29

Good morning, un-gran! You are very welcome and I hope you have lots of fun and make friends on this lovely site.
Hen. smile

NanKate Sat 12-Apr-14 10:32:04

Nice to have you with us Tooyoung.

You will find lots of fun threads, a few 'barnies' go on but on the whole we are a friendly, intelligent lot.

We are a bit mad at times. Some of us went on a virtual canal trip recently it was such fun and very amusing.

A good place to start each day is with 'Good morning 'day of week' this is started by Mick daily and we then reveal the weather in our part of the world and what we are up to.

harrigran Sat 12-Apr-14 00:31:33

Welcome tooyoung smile

Soutra Fri 11-Apr-14 23:28:17

I'll be honest- before I 1)became a granny and 2) retired I was bored rigid by cooing grsndmas- a bit like the pre-children days. I still like to think I have more conversation to offer as I do not wish to fall into the trap of living my life through my DC and DGC. But have I shown you the latest pics of DGS's chicken"pops"? Only kidding!!!grin

Aka Fri 11-Apr-14 22:55:32

No problem tooyou welcome smile

Lilygran Fri 11-Apr-14 22:38:21

Doesn't matter! Hi, tooyoingtobeold!

ninathenana Fri 11-Apr-14 22:28:29

Its irrelevant. Welcome to GN I look forward to reading your posts.

Soupy Fri 11-Apr-14 20:37:40

It's alright; I don't have any grandchildren either!

And, to be honest, I'm in no hurry to acquire any. I'd rather my children got on with their careers as they are still only in their twenties.

Welcome

MiniMouse Fri 11-Apr-14 20:06:19

Welcome tooyoung I only joined GN in Feb of this year. Be warned, it's addictive wink

Grannyknot Fri 11-Apr-14 19:07:37

hi tooyoung welcome, I joined in 2011 and I had no prospect of being a gran at that time, and here we are 3 years later and I am about to become one (in July).

Join in the threads that interest you and you'll soon be chatting away.

tanith Fri 11-Apr-14 19:05:09

I am sure you'll be made most welcome too young to be old, join in wherever you care to. Maybe tell us a little about yourself

tooyoungtobeold Fri 11-Apr-14 18:56:20

I have just joined, i am not a gran. Does that mean i cannot have conversations with people my age i am almost 60.