Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Solo shopping in Ikea

(8 Posts)
Howjado Sat 20-Dec-14 08:53:20

I need to "nip" into Ikea today to buy a late, self assembly Christmas toy for DGD. I am dreading the crush but my biggest worry is, will my trolley contents "go missing" while I fetch my car around to the collection point?

Lilygran Sat 20-Dec-14 09:12:30

You could ask a member of staff to stand guard? Or you could park in the collection area. I've done that when I just wanted something from the food store. Good luck!

glammanana Sat 20-Dec-14 12:42:37

Such a pity you can't take a "Santa's Little Helper" with you,the collection area does seem the best bet,have you rung and checked they have it in stock before you make the journey I do that all the time now after being let down once when we went for bedding,do they do an order and collect system like Argos that seems to work well stops you being in the store for any longer than you need to be.

Soutra Sat 20-Dec-14 13:24:15

Our Ikea has a huge carpark and you just wheel your trolley to your car. Mind you I expect it will be manic today do parking spaces could be a long way away. Good luck!

kittylester Sat 20-Dec-14 13:44:23

Ours has sort of lockers!

hildajenniJ Sat 20-Dec-14 14:03:15

So has ours kittylestertchsmile

Howjado Sat 20-Dec-14 15:57:29

All sorted. The shop was not too busy at all. I was able to park in the actual Ikea car park as opposed to elsewhere in the retail park and so could wheel my "supermarket" type shopping trolley right up to my car boot!

glammanana Sat 20-Dec-14 17:19:52

So pleased for you as my DGS would say "simples nana"