Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Climbing Frames

(5 Posts)
MaggieKnockater Thu 09-Apr-15 22:31:32

My three had years of fun on a wooden ELC climbing frame and my GS is ready for one, but all the ones I've seen are overfancy and less flexible than our old one (sold to a good home for £10 many years ago). Does anyone know if there is anything like the pictures below on the market? It was about 2m cubed with three duckboards and a slide which could be placed anywhere and a rope ladder.
www.gransnet.com/53766.Ups
www.gransnet.com/53767.Ups
www.gransnet.com/53768.Ups

CeeCee Thu 09-Apr-15 23:11:19

This company has wooden cube frames but quite pricey, hope the link works www.e-quip4education.co.uk/acatalog/info_AM32501W.html
there are different sizes.
Hope I'm not breaking the rules confused

Coolgran65 Fri 10-Apr-15 00:49:47

CeeCee, I love that climbing frame. I was looking for one on Amazon.com which is the USA site because it will deliver directly to my dgs in USA and with free delivery. It was pretty much all plastic and I had concerns about stability.
Your linked frame is too expensive for me, but love it.

MaggieKnockater Fri 10-Apr-15 12:15:19

Thanks for that CeeCee; the link works fine. As you say, pretty pricey, but the closest I've seen so far.

Penstemmon Fri 10-Apr-15 22:04:12

I think that style may have fallen foul of the H&S regs. sad but this is a good one. The DGC enjoy it!
www.activitytoysdirect.com/plum/climbing-pyramid-wooden-play-centre-with-8ft-slide-and-free-kbt-green-telescope/p1000