Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Where has it gone????

(17 Posts)
Anne58 Fri 24-Apr-15 09:38:46

Solitaire, it's still on the list but it wont open . I like the odd game of solitaire while I have my coffee.

Any ideas? I have tried the usual shut down and restart. confused

Lona Fri 24-Apr-15 09:46:26

Which list p? I play SpiderSolitaire on the FreeCell site.

Anne58 Fri 24-Apr-15 09:54:51

Lona the start menu list, I have it pinned there. I've gone into the "games" section, and it's there too, along with free call, hearts, spider solitaire etc) but will not open/run whatever.

Agus Fri 24-Apr-15 10:04:30

I have just checked and I still have Solitaire. It did take a while for it to show on the screen though. Hope you find it again Phoenix

My three are, Solitaire, Free Cell and Boggle

Anne58 Fri 24-Apr-15 10:09:09

I have found it Agus, it just won't run. I double click on the icon, get a brief whirly blue buffer thing, and then nothing!

merlotgran Fri 24-Apr-15 10:23:37

Try downloading it again and if it works you can get uninstall the old one.

Agus Fri 24-Apr-15 10:34:08

Isn't technology wonderful.......when it works!

Sorry phoenix. I can't think of anything to add to what you have already tried.

Anne58 Fri 24-Apr-15 10:59:27

I have looked at the free ones that are on-line, but you play them via t'interweb. I prefer the one that comes ready installed on the computer, if you know what I mean.

merlot I will wait until Mr P comes home this evening and see if he can fix it, but think I will probably have to do as you suggest.

I think my computer is just doing it to make sure I shift my butt and get on with the shopping and housework! grin

AshTree Fri 24-Apr-15 11:01:33

Do you think Mr P has programmed it that way phoenix? So that you do 'shift your butt' grin grin grin

Ana Fri 24-Apr-15 11:08:52

phoenix, have you tried right-clicking on the icon or list and clicking 'open'? Sometimes that works for me when it just keeps buffering.

Lona Fri 24-Apr-15 11:38:05

I'm lost! What 'start menu list'? Am I missing something exciting?

janerowena Fri 24-Apr-15 12:31:06

It must come ready installed on some tablets Lona.

Ana Fri 24-Apr-15 12:32:47

I think phoenix is talking about the start menu on her computer, Lona, not a phone or tablet.

Nelliemoser Fri 24-Apr-15 12:34:43

Have you changed computers? Freecell, to which I am slightly addicted was changed for the worse when I had a new computer with Windows 8.

Uninstall and re install the file on your computer?

After much Googling I eventually found a version of freecell that was like the original. No silly graphics and special effects. It was on a site where other fans of the original version were mourning the loss of the original. Have you Googled the problem?
It often helps but some of the answers and instruction are so techie it's hard to understand what they are talking about saying.

www.makeuseof.com/tag/replace-terrible-windows-7-games-classic-xp/

phoenix Do your housework and cook a good dinner wink and then present your OH with the version on this link and ask him nicely if he can install it for you. Or tell him the lovely dinner is cooking and will be ready just after he has installed it for you.
I usually have a few games on my tablet before I go to sleep.

Anne58 Fri 24-Apr-15 14:27:40

Thanks all! Yes, Ana I have tried that, but to no avail.

pompa Fri 24-Apr-15 14:45:23

You will find the original solitaire for download here :-

apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/microsoft-solitaire-collection/1a36fd17-5161-4651-ae2d-13384e427ea8

Lona Fri 24-Apr-15 15:21:42

Thanks Jane and Ana, I don't like to miss anything! smile