Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Cat programme?

(23 Posts)
Jane10 Sat 01-Aug-15 08:14:19

Typical cats Deedaa!

Deedaa Fri 31-Jul-15 21:15:42

I bought a plastic garden sieve yesterday and left it on the table. Two of the cats have been taking it in turns to sleep in it ever since. I wondered about buying another one so they could have one each, but I know that if I did they would refuse to have anything to do with either of them grin

etheltbags1 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:03:56

Lily passed away in October 2014. I miss her

etheltbags1 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:03:19

my Lily

etheltbags1 Fri 31-Jul-15 21:01:31

Helaine what a gorgeous pussy you have. I love all cats.

MiniMouse Fri 31-Jul-15 13:11:18

Helaine you've just reminded of an incident from the other day. Our cat came in from the garden and went up to my OH, who was sitting on the sofa. He had bare feet and she decided to sniff them. After one sniff she shot straight back outside grin

Helaine Fri 31-Jul-15 13:00:50

I saw that programme and the cats were very vicious. I must admit my pussycat Tigger bites my feet he is fascinated by them but does not really hurt and he is so adorable and loving I forgive him. I do tell him off and say naughty boy and he gives me a strange look. I must admit I don't mind him being a bit naughty sometimes because as a kitten he was very weak and nearly died so I like it he is now big and strong and a bit bumptious!

merlotgran Fri 03-Jul-15 13:38:47

Slightly off topic but yesterday evening we were watching Wimbers and thought we could hear the microwave giving occasional little pings. Knowing the window was wide open I tiptoed (not really) into the kitchen to have a look.

Jazz, aka Cattypuss, was lying on the cool worktop occasionally stretching her front legs and planting her paws on the power switch. grin

Nelliemoser Fri 03-Jul-15 13:25:06

Elegran Spot on.

Elegran Fri 03-Jul-15 13:04:40

I didn't see this programme, but the descriptions of some of it sound very like the account on another thread of a macho grandad rough-housing with a small child and goading him into hitting out, then spanking him thoroughly for daring to attack him.

Nelliemoser Fri 03-Jul-15 13:00:56

I was appalled by that program. Several of those people being "attacked" seemed to be forcing their contact on their pets by picking them up and handling them when by their body language the cats were clearly very stressed.
There was one guy who appeared to be enjoying being scrathed and bitten.
IMO some the owners were bordering on being abusive. angry

Send these bad cats. Soops way!

Greenfinch Fri 03-Jul-15 12:55:23

I thought it was an absolutely terrible programme. Some of it was from you tube and it was obvious that the cats had been provoked but the saddest bit for me was when one cat got attacked by another putting his paw out of the cupboard. That cat was rigid with fear and should not have been left in that position for pure entertainment.

numberplease Fri 03-Jul-15 12:01:22

Psycho Pussies, when cats attack.

Much as I love cats, I don`t think I could live with some of those cats, but some of the owners needed a good talking to as well, particularly the young American bloke, who was constantly being attacked and gouged by his mother`s cat, he seemed to be deliberately antagonising the poor thing.

Katek Thu 02-Jul-15 21:39:05

Was it My Cat from Hell?

Deedaa Thu 02-Jul-15 21:38:13

Generally speaking it was definitely a case of Dump the Owner - Keep the Cat!

Anne58 Thu 02-Jul-15 21:24:48

Thank you all, hoping I can watch it via catch up on line sort of thing!

rosesarered Thu 02-Jul-15 21:19:31

I blame the parents! wink

Jane10 Thu 02-Jul-15 21:14:55

Was it not on channel 5? DH saw it and couldn't believe how aggressive some of them were. The absolute opposite of our old boy!

annodomini Thu 02-Jul-15 20:51:46

Really? Who thought up that title? Titter ye not.

newist Thu 02-Jul-15 20:40:13

Psycho Pussies

rosesarered Thu 02-Jul-15 20:37:56

Cats behaving badly? pets from Hell? Sorry, I did see a bit of one of these programmes but can't remember which channel as we have Sky so there are loads.

newist Thu 02-Jul-15 20:37:16

phoenix I recorded it on channel 5, Wednesday at 8pm

Anne58 Thu 02-Jul-15 20:19:26

Hello, does anyone know on which day and which channel there was a programme about badly behaved and vicious cats? It definitely wasn't one of those "cat's do the funniest things" type of programme.

Thank you!