Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Hudl users, a question for you.

(15 Posts)
Daisyanswerdo Mon 24-Aug-15 00:55:59

Do your Hudls keep the correct date and time? Mine doesn't always and I've read that this is a problem with them.

shysal Sun 23-Aug-15 20:41:22

I am having a similar problem with my Samsung tablet, and it is only recent. At the moment I am powering down (by holding down the off switch until that option appears) each night in case there is something running in the background of which I am unaware. Today, I have only used it once, to check the weather forecast, and closed that page, yet the battery has run down almost completely.sad

Lona Sun 23-Aug-15 19:35:58

Do you close all the tabs that you open, as that can use battery life.
It's the overlappoing oblongs, bottom right next to the home arrowish symbol!

Anne58 Sun 23-Aug-15 18:50:52

As I work part time (3 full days a week), and still use the desk top (esp. in the morning, cup of tea, check emails & GN, always on the desk top) , I wouldn't describe myself as a heavy user, but I seem to have used 50% of the battery since it was fully charged at about 1pm today! shock

Apart from being on here, the only other thing I have done was to have a quick browse looking for a specific present for Mr P.

hildajenniJ Sun 23-Aug-15 18:32:01

I charge mine once a day. I am a heavy user though. I find if you close all the tabs before switching off the screen that helps. I never power off, unless I am not going to use it for a day or two. I really like my hudl.

MiniMouse Sun 23-Aug-15 18:20:59

Lona I can't think what you mean wink (sorry soon smile)

Lona Sun 23-Aug-15 17:47:09

I'm beginning to feel like soontobe! grin

Lona Sun 23-Aug-15 17:43:17

Just looked at the keyboard case and it says that it gives 90 hours battery life on a full charge! That seems a lot, so how often are you charging up?

Lona Sun 23-Aug-15 17:36:35

Try not using that case for a few days and see if you notice the difference.

Lona Sun 23-Aug-15 17:35:23

hmm I would think that might use a bit more power, but I don't really know. confused

Anne58 Sun 23-Aug-15 17:29:54

Lona I bought a case for it that has a built in keyboard, there is a USB cable that you plug in to the socket where you plug in the charger, brilliant!

Lona Sun 23-Aug-15 17:18:09

I charge mine almost every day/evening because it's more convenient to use than my laptop. What do you mean "the keyboard I use"? Is there a choice?

Anne58 Sun 23-Aug-15 17:11:13

Me too Mini , so far it does what I need, but I feel that I'm needng too charge more than I shoud. It may be because of the keyboard I use?

MiniMouse Sun 23-Aug-15 17:00:37

I've never monitored it, but it depends how much I use it. I tend to leave it on standby most of the time & probably charge it every couple of days or so. Really pleased with it in general considering it's regarded as 'entry level'!! I'm not proud, ' entry level' is fine with me grin

Anne58 Sun 23-Aug-15 16:52:15

Afternoon all,

As "tech " seems to have disappeared from the list, I'm putting this here.

To those who use a Hudl,may I ask how long you go between charging? I seem to have to charge mine more often than thought I would confused