Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Lost driving licence

(11 Posts)
elisagrace Thu 26-May-16 11:28:15

I also lost my license last week and informed DVLA. There was confusion in my mind whether I have to fill form D1 or form D1.4. I contacted DVLA customer service here www.fixithere.net/dvla-contact-number/ and they cleared my doubt that form D1 is for renewal of license and form D1.4 is for the purpose of lost driving license. This solved my problem and after doing necessary formalities I applied for duplicate license.

crun Mon 25-Jan-16 14:22:06

This thread reminded me of a bloke I saw on the telly. The DVLA lost his licence when he sent it for renewal, and the upshot after much arguing was that he had to take another driving test. grin

AlieOxon Mon 25-Jan-16 12:58:57

Got my licence today!
So glad, as I thought there would be questions over me changing my name and photo, having also lost the licence!

Anniebach Mon 04-Jan-16 14:01:54

Yes it is D1 from post offices

AlieOxon Mon 04-Jan-16 13:18:17

Thanks - will try post office. Tomorrow.
(Have a Family History meeting this afternoon)

Ana Mon 04-Jan-16 12:29:00

It does say on the DVLA website that you can get the correct form (I think the D1 is the right one) from most Post Offices.

ninathenana Mon 04-Jan-16 12:17:17

Would your main post office have the form you need ?

AlieOxon Mon 04-Jan-16 12:13:43

I can't print it. They have to send it. 7-10 days.
(Can't have just anyone applying for a licence......)

And I'm not even sure it is the right form!
I suppose I can at least prove I am doing something about it.

Anniebach Mon 04-Jan-16 12:12:16

Seems I never had a licence , no record could be found

Luckygirl Mon 04-Jan-16 12:01:28

Heaven knows! - red tape eh?! Can you print the form off from the computer?

My OH realised he had mislaid his driving licence the night before we were setting off for France many years ago. They are very strict over there about driving without a licence to show if you are stopped, so I finished up having to drive to the south of France - a bit of a challenge for someone who hates driving!

I do hope that you get yours sorted out.

AlieOxon Mon 04-Jan-16 11:58:19

Problem: I have both changed my name and - when I went to inform the DVLA about this - mislaid my licence. It hasn't turned up.

Can't do anything about both at once, online.

So I phoned them and was informed, by recorded message, that I needed a 'D 1.4' form which I could get online.

Back online, I find that there is a 'D 1' package, which presumably includes a 'D 1.4'?
So I have sent for that...........is this right??