Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Toddler trackers

(12 Posts)
Jalima Thu 11-Feb-16 18:14:09

www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/flypage/26878/010baf97bd9303b2ac1b6b2f7053b9bd?gclid=CIj9ypao8MoCFcsBwwodSYwMtQ

Jalima Thu 11-Feb-16 18:12:49

I was going to suggest one of those nice backpacks with a rein attached, they do them in the shape of turtles, ladybirds etc. Toddlers like them because they are big enough to carry a little drink etc. But if it is when he is on the swings etc, surely the play park has a fence around it?

You could get a chain and padlock to chain SIL to the pushchair as well.

Ana Thu 11-Feb-16 18:11:45

There was a firm in the US selling trackers for young children a few years ago - they were called 'Little Buggers'! grin

Cherrytree59 Thu 11-Feb-16 17:22:09

Thanks for all your advice he is on reigns but its more to do with him chatting to others whilst GS on swings etc.
I think on the whole he is a very good dad but he has got the attention span of a gnat and absolutely no common sense (imo) added to that he has hearing problems which require him to wear hearing aids. I know that shouldn't be an issue as I was brought up by a profoundly deaf father.
But can't help worrying

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 11-Feb-16 16:28:20

My Dad left me at the shops and that was in the days when prams and pushchairs were left outside.

I agree with getting a lead (I had lovely ones that were like a harness). But will your DD agree?

thatbags Thu 11-Feb-16 16:24:18

And not realising till they got home.

thatbags Thu 11-Feb-16 16:24:02

There was a thread once where a number of gransnetters admitted leaving their babies at the shops.

obieone Thu 11-Feb-16 15:39:44

I dont know anything about trackers.

I too know a man whose wife calls him her 3rd child. And most people do not trust him to look after young children very well either. He too is easily distracted. Trust is earned.
Get a lead thingy then man and child are joined.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 11-Feb-16 15:30:58

Get the two year old one of those wrist 'lead' things and tell him not to let go round shops. And drum it into him about not wandering off from the pram.

Past events do seem to have been forgotten by so many mums now.

tanith Thu 11-Feb-16 15:25:14

No they don't wear trackers , who knew there was such a thing. Agree with Luckygirl if your DD is happy then it will be fine .

Luckygirl Thu 11-Feb-16 15:19:47

He's the Dad - he is right - you do just have to trust him.

Cherrytree59 Thu 11-Feb-16 15:01:26

I am in a bit of a Tiz at the moment.
I have a list of things to do but ...
My daughters partner has taken the boys to the park by himself.
I know your going to say what's the problem.
Well he is very easily distracted.
He's got the 1yr old in the pushchair and two and half year old walking along side. The oldest is not yet talking + doesn't say own name (he's on speech therapy waiting list)
My DD partner has twice in the past been told off by shoppers in our local supermarket for leaving the pram and going to look for something further up the aisle.
My daughter is also worried as her partner works away from home and when he comes back he has to switch back from single mode to parent mode and that seems to take a couple of days and he's only back for 6 days at a time.
Until now she has always gone to the park with them. But today she's not feeling well and partner says we must trust him.
So my question is does any of your GC wear trackers?