Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

McDonald's Happy Meals Toys

(7 Posts)
Elrel Mon 15-Feb-16 20:25:47

Looks Jud's GC have solved the dilemma for now anyway!

Elrel Mon 15-Feb-16 20:24:26

Either give them to a jumble sale or charity shop (not one of the super picky shops!) or keep them for a l o n g time. Two reasons - GC may find a use for the and the toys may hugely increase in value. I've seen dealers scouring charity shops for the MacD toys to sell on. They are especially interested in full sets.

They would definitely be interested in nina's packaged '80s ones if Nina ever wants to clear her loft!

Judthepud2 Sun 14-Feb-16 23:24:53

Thanks for your responses Ana Amber and Nina I appreciate the comments. After my posting, DGSs, who are staying with us at the moment, found the box of Happy Meals toys and spent a happy few hours poking about with them. DGS2 invented a new racing game with DH using some of the pull back toys. So I guess the toys will still hang around for a bit longer.

Does nobody else have this problem?

ninathenana Sat 13-Feb-16 20:14:24

We have a box full in the loft. Some still in packaging. They're from the '80s which was our children's era. I will be hanging on to them as you never know smile
I'm very good at loosing a few toys here and there GC never notice.

Ana Sat 13-Feb-16 17:02:11

They're replacing the toys with books soon, so yes, the toys might eventually be worth something (if you have somewhere to store them!)

amberdogxK9 Sat 13-Feb-16 16:54:49

Encourage budding entrepreneurship by suggesting a mini sale ?

Get them to count them all " to make sure they are all there " every time they come to play - see how far they get before losing interest ? Then dispose of some ?

I have just one in the cellar I can't bring myself to chuck so know how they feel. The donkey from Shrek) Some can be collectible as less of us frequent Mac Donalds.

Judthepud2 Sat 13-Feb-16 16:12:37

Help! I am trying to rationalise the huge number of toys I have acquired for visiting DGCs to play with. Amongst them are an enormous quantity of Macdonalds Happy Meals toys. I have just asked DGSs to sort out which ones they want to keep ....... No luck. They have all gone into the 'keep' box, but are never played with. I hate to throw them into the bin. Any ideas? I'm desperate!