Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Has anybody ever bought anything from this company?

(10 Posts)
Craftycat Fri 07-Apr-17 15:36:33

I have to be careful what I say here as I am not running a company down at all but I bought a dress from a company that 'popped up'on my PC a couple of weeks ago. I had never heard of them but the dress on screen was very 'me' so I looked at their site. To cut a long story short I bought a dress from them & paid using Paypal. The dress took about 2 weeks to arrive but when it did I was very pleased with it. It was not expensive & it was exactly what I wanted & just as advertised.
I decided to look at their site again this morning but when I put the name into my browser it came up with a lot of pages (mostly from USA to be fair) saying don't touch them with a barge pole- clothes never arrive etc. They say it s a scam Chinese firm but my parcel came from Germany.
I would very much like to order another couple of dresses but am now wondering if I should.
I wondered if anyone else had had experience of them - either good or bad? I know I have to give the name & I hope I am not contravening anything by doing so by I must stress that my own experience has been 100% good so far.
Has anyone bought anything from Rotita & if so how was your experience?

Teetime Fri 07-Apr-17 15:49:57

I haven't but I keep seeing their adverts and the clothes look tempting. Is it a concern which should be shared with Trading Standards?

nina1959 Fri 07-Apr-17 15:50:23

There are many online fashion web sites all advertising from London and European addresses but most of them are based in China using a fake address.

nina1959 Fri 07-Apr-17 15:54:41

They are based in China. A good giveaway are the models are mostly Chinese and the same styles are on all their other China based sites with European addresses.

www.resellerratings.com/store/Rotita

NanTheWiser Fri 07-Apr-17 15:58:52

When you googled, did you read this thread on Mumsnet? www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2609761-rotita-com
According to this, I wouldn't risk ordering anything from them, even though you are pleased with your purchase - they don't seem bona fide.

Riverwalk Fri 07-Apr-17 16:01:05

It was not expensive & it was exactly what I wanted & just as advertised.

What's the problem then? confused

If you pay by credit card or PayPal your money is safe.

Welshwife Fri 07-Apr-17 16:01:37

Many clothing ranges come from China I think. The U.K.has a wedding dress company which has been going for years - it used to also have very good ranges of everyday clothing too all made in UK. DD was a manger of a branch of theirs for a couple of years and all the dresses now come from China - part of the reason for the long order period. Then a few years ago the company supplying the dresses bought the business and as far as I know still own them.

Craftycat Sat 08-Apr-17 11:02:43

I see your point Riverwalk.
I was concerned in case I had a fight on my hands if the next order didn't arrive but as I do pay using Paypal I should be OK- I did read the thread on Mumsnet & several others.
I'll give it another go & keep my fingers crossed.
At least this time I know they take a couple of weeks to deliver.
They do have some lovely dresses ideal for warm summer nights on holiday.

TriciaF Sun 09-Apr-17 11:06:15

I was once tempted to buy a dress online, found it was from a chinese company (can't remember the name ) and changed my mind.
OTOH my husband has bought lots of DIY type stuff from chinese vendors - very cheap and doesn't take long to arrive.

Saxifrage Sun 09-Apr-17 18:47:55

Yes, I bought a dress from them a couple of weeks ago when it was mentioned on here and also subsequently read the reviews and felt foolish. However it has turned up. It was only £20 and is very cheaply made but I think I will use it as a coverup over swimsuit or even as a summer nightie come housecoat, so am satisfied.